Good reasons to start eating chia seeds:
- Chia seeds are popular for weight loss. They reduce food cravings by preventing some of the food that you eat from getting absorbed into your system. This blockage of calorie absorption makes them a great diet helper.
- Chia seeds can also help your diet by making you feel full. This is because they absorb 10 times their weight in water, forming a bulky gel.
- Hydration for athletes: They are also great for athletes because the "chia gel" can hydrate the body.
- There's evidence to suggest that chia seeds can reduce blood pressure.
- Chia seeds are the richest plant source of Omega-3 (the vital fats that protect against inflammation, such as arthritis, and heart disease). In fact, they contain more Omega-3 than salmon!
- Because chia seeds slow down how fast our bodies convert carbohydrates into simple sugars, studies indicate they can control blood sugar. This leads scientists to believe chia seeds may have great benefits for diabetics.
- They are easier to digest than flax seeds, and don't need to be ground up.
Chia seeds make an incredibly healthy (and often unnoticeable) addition to many foods. Here are some great ways to enjoy chia seeds:
- They can be eaten raw. They have a nice "nutty" flavor.
- They can be soaked in fruit juice; in Mexico, they call this "chia fresca".
- They're perfect in porridges and puddings.
- They make an ideal addition to baked goods including breads, cakes and biscuits.
How many chia seeds should you eat? We recommend two daily doses of about 20g each (1.5 ounces total).
*Black chia seeds*
*Certified organic at source
2 out of 2 people would recommend this product08/10/2017, By Tracey JoyI usually stick to the same brands but got this as a sample and was happy to have another "supplier" option.22/09/2015, By IngridI add the chia seeds to all my smoothies and makes a delicious healthy addition to my meals. The health benefits are apparently amazing so I am looking forward to reaping those benefits!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.