There are so many reasons to enjoy chewy and sweet dried apricots:
- A rich source of potassium, which contributes to heart health & bone strength
- High vitamin A content, which promotes healthy eyes & skin
- High soluble & insoluble fibre content; great for digestion, blood glucose & cholesterol levels
- Rich in iron & copper, which help your body to produce haemoglobin
- A good source of vitamin K, which promotes normal blood clotting
Did You Know? Dried apricots are also a popular home remedy for fever! Blend a smoothie using a few dried apricots with a cup of water, and sweeten it with honey. This quenches thirst, gives you a great dose of nutrients and helps to soothe fevers.
Recipe for Fruit Compote:
- 8 By Nature Dried Apricots
- ¼ cup dried prunes
- ¼ cup dates
- ½ cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- ½ cup organic white wine
- ½ cup apple juice
- 1 star anise
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1Tbsp coconut sugar
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot & bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot & simmer until the fruits are tender.
- Spoon the compote into a bowl & let it cool to room temperature.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream. Yum!
Sundried apricots; preservative-free
5 out of 5 people would recommend this product09/05/2018, By FSThese have a different appearance and texture to the conventional sulphur-preserved dried apricots. Even so, they are delicious and nutritious!24/02/2018, By MariaA bit too hard for me and my son29/07/2017, By TracyThese are very nice - not as hard and dark as other sulphur-free apricots Ive tried. My kids both love them.29/06/2017, By CatSo delicious! I love these dried apricots and its great to know they are sulphur-free!04/02/2016, By AnelGreat taste and texture with no additives!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.