- Safety razor, brush & stand set
- All-metal set with handles & stand
- Designed for classic wet shaving
- Handle provides a good grip
- Boar bristles are coarse with good water retention ability
- Packaged in mostly recycled materials & materials that can be composted or re-used
- A long-lasting alternative to disposable razors
- Boar bristles are coarse and stiff, ideal for shavers who prefer a “tough brush”.
Please Note: The boar hair used in Bundubeard brushes is harvested from pigs. Many Earth-conscious consumers choose to avoid animal-derived materials in the products they use, and will opt for synthetic bristles. Others may choose to use the more natural animal-derived materials, as the plastic factories used to make synthetics have a negative impact on the environment. The choice is yours to make. You can find the vegan alternative from Bundubeard here
Drections for use:
Loading the razor:
- With one hand, hold the razor head on the shortest sides (not the side where the blade sticks out)
- With the other hand hold the handle of the razor.
- Untwist the razor head from the handle.
- The razor head will now be in two parts, separate from the handle.
- Place a new razor blade in between the two parts of the razor head.
- Twist the handle back on, taking care not to overtighten the razor head, as this will strip the thread.
- Generally speaking, a blade will last at least a week if you're shaving every other day on medium to coarse hair.
- If you have light hair and only shave your body once every three or four days then you'll likely only need to change the blade once every two or three weeks.
- Air dry your razor in a upright position after use and store it in razor sheath if travelling with it in a cosmetics bag.
- You should always use some form of shaving foam as lubrication when shaving with a safety razor. Canned shaving cream is not the best choice. Rather use a shaping prep cream or shaving soap with a shaving brush and bowl. Prep cream helps soften the hair prior to shaving.
- Try and keep the angle of the head of the razor at about 30 to 45 degrees to the surface of the skin. Heads on safety razors don't pivot, so you have to control the angle yourself.
- Don't apply any downwards pressure onto the surface of the skin. Unlike with a cartridge razor, you don't need to apply any downwards force with a safety razor in order to get a good shave. Applying downwards force will increase the chances of you cutting yourself.
- Use short or long strokes, whatever helps you maintain the correct angle. Short strokes are generally better over awkward areas like the knees, and straightening the knee will also help minimize nicks.
- Keep switching so that you use both edges of the blade.
- Rinse the razor head often while shaving to remove acumulating hair and shaving cream.
- If you're new to safety razor shaving then you'll inevitably get a few nicks and cuts in the beginning. Bundubeard's Alum Stone is designed to to help heal nicks and quickly stop any bleeding.
- You can also apply a soothing aftershave balm, which is anti-comodogenic.
Warranty: Bundubeard offer a 12 month guarantee, valid for normal wear and tear.
- 91 x 12mm safety razor handle handle
- 40 X 25 mm Safety Razor head
- Brush with boar hair bristles
- Chrome plated stand
- Blades sold seperately - Choose from a selection of safety razor blades here Feather, Gillette, BIC
- The DE1 is made of a durable casting metal called Zamac, with a hard chrome coating/finish. Boar hair bristles
Country of Origin
Product of South Africa
2 out of 4 people would recommend this product06/08/2018, By EthneUgly branding made me send this back.01/08/2018, By EthThe branding on each item is quite severe. It features the bundubeard logo of a face with blacked-out eyes. It's not visible in the photos but I found that it clashes with the beautiful aesthetic of the rest of the product, so I returned it.01/07/2018, By GloriaWonderful gift for Father's Day. He loved it!
I loved the packaging.22/03/2018, By Healthy Girlawesome
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.