- Ideally suited for women who have a naturally low cervix
- Unique spherical cup design shortens the overall length
- Length from cup rim to base measures just 39 mm
- Three-rung stem can be shortened to to suit your individual, optimally comfortable length
- Suitable for weak and strong pelvic floor muscles alike
- Ideal companion for light to heavy bleeding
- Comes with a matching Cotton pouch with ribbon drawstring
- Soft, and flexible medical-grade silicone can be worn for up to 12 hours at a time
- Cheaper, healthier, more comfortable and more eco-friendly than single-use tampons or sanitary pads
- One cup can be used for several years
- Doesn’t trap in heat, or humidity like sanitary napkins and disposable pads
First time use:
- Boil your Merula Low Cervix Cup in a large pot for 20 minutes
- Check that the air holes around the top are fully open
- Wash your hands, and clean your cup using water, and mild (unfragranced) soap
During your period:
- Tip the blood into the toilet
- Rinse with cold water then, wash with warm water
- Wash with mild, unfragranced soap
- Your Merula Low Cervix Cup should be disinfected both before, and after your period
- Cup Diameter at Rim: 40 mm
- Cup Diameter at Belly: 46 mm
- Cup Length: 39 mm
- Total Length to Base of Stem: 72 mm
- Cup Volume: 38 ml
- Includes: 1 x Low Cervix Menstrual Cup and 1 x Matching Cotton Pouch
- Available in : Sun, Strawberry, Ice, Mermaid, Apple, Midnight
- Medical Grade Silicone
Country of Origin:
- Made in Germany
9 out of 11 people would recommend this product29/09/2021, By JenniAfter going through childbirth, my body changed and my mooncup no longer worked. I was so sad to be using tampons again, until I was advised to try the Merula cup. My body confidence shot up when I realised there is nothing wrong with my body but rather with my menstrual cup. There are videos on YouTube showing 2 different kind of insertion methods I.e. How to fold and insert so that it pops open inside, even when the cervix is at its lowest. The little ladder-shaped tail really helps with removal. No need to cut it off - just tuck it in under the public bone. I very seldom have leaks and it holds a lot of fluid. Highly recommended.10/05/2020, By Robyn AnneSuch a great option06/01/2020, By ShannonI loved this cup at first and gave it a good review. It does work very well for a low cervix and I have had no leakage using it for over a year now.
However, the last few months i have struggled a lot with the cup not opening when inserted. I am an experienced cup user and have never struggled with this before.
The material of the cup is too soft I think and this is causing the problem.
I'll be looking for a different cup because this problem has become too frustrating and time-wasting.27/06/2019, By ShannonI was nervous to purchase this cup as it is pretty expensive, but it was definitely worth the money. I have been using a different brand of cup for 3 years and would have leakage from time to time. 6 months using this cup and haven't had leaks once. Definitely worth it if you have a low cervix and have been struggling with leakage from other cups.04/06/2019, By Siobhan GMI struggled for a year with a regular cup and I always had problems. I was recommended the Merula because I had a low cervix and this cup has been a real game changer for me.
I don't have anything irritating my lady bits every cycle, it fits properly with my body and I very rarely have leaks. There are many days where I actually forget that I am wearing a cup because that's how properly it sits inside.
I don't regret investing in this cup and I cannot recommend it enough to friends who are considering the cup and figure out that they too have a lower cervix.08/04/2019, By NadyaI love this product! I tried a Mooncup, but for whatever reason, it kept on leaking. I gave it 3 cycles, but I kept struggling and when it did not leak, I definitely felt that it was too low. So I did a little research into the option available, came across this one and instinctively knew that it would resolve my issues. And it has. It is brilliant.
02/04/2019, By LM second reviewFor some bisarre reason my previous review came out with 3 stars. I rate it 5.02/04/2019, By LMI was scared of using the cup since the first time I heard of it and finally made the shift! What a revolution! I watched loads of YouTube videos of people suggesting it takes at least 3 months to figure out how to use a cup, but after the first month I was good to go. Do educate yourself when choosing this or any other cup. Periods are a pleasure!!!! Yes, really. Besides having cramps on the first day of my period (which I have always had) I am hardly aware of having a period for the rest of the time. I have to remind myself so I won't forget to empty it at night! I love the very flexible stem of the Merula, if I can even call it a stem and it trims easily. Bonus points for the funky design, colours and beautiful bags!26/03/2019, By RoxyIt is a great product. Once you learn how to work with it and how to use it, you 'll not be sorry!17/02/2019, By PortiaI bought this as my first cup. Worst first experience! The cup does not unfold, it stays folded despite attempts to unfold it whilst inserted. What a waste of my money considering it doesn’t come cheap!16/10/2018, By NosI had 2 cups, this is my third. The cup size is intimidating, insertion is not..easy (youTube has some tips of how to do it).
Once its in, it pinches sometimes (insertion issues or I need to cut the handle thingie??)
BUT! If its in properly, it feels comfortable and IT DOES NOT LEAK!!!
I've used it for 2 days, and I'm in love. There are teething issues (mentioned above) but I have a feeling that this is going to be a long-lasting and rewarding relationship. Thanks Faithful to Nature for bringing this product to my attention :).
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.