11 Dec Homemade Vegan Gingerbread Cookie Jar
Here’s the perfect homemade grain-free gingerbread cookie jar, perfect stocking-filler or tea-time treat over the festive season!
What is the only thing better than a delicious, homemade ginger cookie? A whole jar of them! The aromas that permeate through the home, the notion of getting into the kitchen to create such a thoughtful gift, and of course – the beautiful festive outcome: gingery, cinnamony, coconuty goodness.
- 1 cup almond flour/ground almonds
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- Pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
- In a large bowl, sieve the dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl whisk the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Combine your wet mixture to the dry mixture together and mix until it starts to look like wet sand.
- Using your hands press the mixture firmly together to form a dough. And let rest for 5 minutes.
- Firmly roll out and press down the dough until it’s about 5mm thick.
- Now you can cut out your cookie shapes using festive cookie cutters.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper, and bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before icing.
- ICING: add the coconut cream to the icing sugar until you have a consistency that is runny enough to pipe, but not completely liquid.
- Scoop the icing into a piping bag and unleash your inner festive Picasso. There is no right or wrong way to decorate a Christmas cookie.
- Let the icing set overnight at room temperature before storing in a glass jar to gift to your loved one.
FOR A VIDEO HOW-TO: goo.gl/ArbPvu