03 Dec Grilled Asparagus and Broccoli Salad
Serves: 4 – 6
Prep time: 15 minutes
Assembling time: 15 – 20 minutes
- 1 – 2 avocados
- 150g fresh asparagus
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- ½ fresh lemon
- 200g zucchini
- 4-5 cups salad greens of choice
- 3 tbsp walnuts
- 2 tbsp raw almonds
- 4 – 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp black onion seeds
- Bring a pan to a high heat. Toast the walnuts and almonds until fragrant and slightly browned, approximately 5 – 10 minutes. Set aside to cool and then crush lightly.
- Thinly slice the zucchini into ribbons using a peeler. Add to a pan with crushed garlic, olive oil and salt. Cook until tender and browned. Flash fry the asparagus spears in the same pan with fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- In a large salad bowl, break up the greens, add the grilled zucchini and asparagus, toasted nuts and avocado.
- To make the dressing, blend or whisk together all the dressing ingredients and coat salad just before serving.