28 Dec Chocolate Truffle Balls
- 500g pitted dates
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup gluten free oats
- ½ cup cacao powder
- Pinch salt
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- You will need a strong food processor for this one. If you don’t have a high powered blender then I would suggest either using medjool dates or soaking your normal dates in warm water for 30 minutes, drain well and then you may need to add in some extra oats and cacao powder to make it thick enough.
- In the food processor add in the almonds and the oats and blend until forms a flour. Then add in the dates and blend until the dates are finely chopped. Add in the cacao powder and blend until it forms a ball.
- Take it out and work it into balls.
- Over a steaming pot of water, place the dark chocolate in a metal bowl and let it melt. If your chocolate doesn’t become runny enough to dip the balls in then add in a little coconut oil. If you have cacao butter that would be better as it has a much higher melting point. But coconut oil is fine.
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate and place on a plate. If you want to add the decorations ontop do it while the chocolate is still soft on the balls.
- You can let the balls set in the fridge and then pack them for your gift. They will need to be kept in the fridge.