- Comfortable & secure baby ring sling
- Adjustable straps with rings
- Fits all caregivers & grows with your baby (from newborns to 15 kgs)
- Shaped to support your newborn’s developing spine
- Holds baby in the same position that he or she assumed in the womb
- Holding baby close promotes bonding between parents & baby
- Sounds of parent’s body (heartbeat and voice) helps to calm the baby
- The movement of the sling & the snug hold promotes sleep
- When baby gets older use the sling for when baby is awake & outings
- 100% cotton fabric is soft, breathable & light
- Wide shoulder support conforms to users shoulders distributing weight
- Free’s up your hands so you can complete daily tasks
What is Babywearing? "Babywearing" simply means holding or carrying a baby or young child using a cloth baby carrier. Baby carriers make holding babies easier and more comfortable, allowing parents and caregivers to hold or carry their children while attending to the daily tasks of living.
Why wear your baby?
- Give your tired arms a rest from holding little ones
- Enjoy freedom of movement and true multitasking
- Free your hands to care for other children
- Sooth fussiness, reflux, and colic
- Share the load with other caregivers
- Carriers promote bonding as babies needs are met quicker
- Make frequent feedings easier and discreet
- Carried babies tend to be more alert
- Carried babies are safer
- Pure Convenience – hand-free and hassle-free shopping is actually possible for parents!
- Research shows that carried babies cry 40 - 50% less.
Setting up your sling:
- Take your sling and place the end side with rings across your shoulder.
- Make pleats with your fingers at the other end.
- Pull fabric through both rings. Split rings and pull fabric through the bottom ring, just like threading a belt.
- Gather fabric evenly around the ring and adjust by pulling loose end of sling. If the fabric is twisted or bunched in the rings, or if the edges are not isolated, it may be difficult to adjust.
- Keeping the pouch at the front, adjust the main body of the sling to comfortable height – usually around your navel.
- Loosen the outside edge of the pouch and create a wall of fabric against your body. This is the pocket your baby will sit in.
- The rings should be between your shoulder and breast, no matter which position you wear your baby in.
- Make sure the shoulder piece is on your shoulder cap (so that it looks to be diagonal), rather than sitting on top of your shoulder or between your shoulder and neck.
- Adjusting the Top Rail: Most people find that after making the initial adjustment of pulling the entire tail (to adjust how high baby is positioned against the chest), a second adjustment is needed – adjusting the top rail only.
- To do so, reach just below the rings and find the piece of material that relates only to the top rail.
- Pull on the fabric that matches the loose rail, and pull that piece of fabric just below the rings. This tightens the top rail, pulling your baby closer to you – which will make a huge difference in comfort for you.
- Many find that they use this technique more as their infant is worn in an upright carry position to create a better support for the infant’s back. Also, as your toddler is worn in a hip straddle, you may find that they will recline away from you if there is any slack.
- When you put baby in the sling for the first time, make sure it is when she is in a calm – alert state (i.e. calm and awake – not sleepy). This will be a new experience for both of you and some adjustments will be needed to make sure that baby is comfortable. Fiddling while baby is tired will only agitate her.
- When you use the sling for the first time, it may be a good idea to do it in front of a mirror, with the help of someone else. That person should support baby while you pull the strap tighter until baby’s head is on your breast. This will also ensure that your baby is in a comfortable position in the sling.
- Always place your baby’s bum in the sling first.
- The ring should be on the collar bone of your non-dominant side to ensure maximum comfort for you and also allow you to pull the strap with your strongest arm.
- Ensure that your baby’s head is on your breast as baby will experience slow rhythmic movement while you walk. If baby hangs too low (closer to your stomach), baby will only experience bumping while you walk and it will not be comfortable for either of you.
Download the user manual for a variety of sling positions.
- Machine washable: wash like colours together.
- Lukewarm wash.
- Can be warm ironed.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Do not dry clean.
- Do not bleach.
- Positional asphyxia (suffocation) can occur in young babies. This can happen when a baby’s chin is pressed against his or her chest, restricting airflow. Check to ensure that baby’s airway is unobstructed and baby is breathing regularly at all times, especially when sleeping.
- Ensure that your baby is tightly secured
- Ensure that you can see your baby’s face
- Ensure that baby is close enough to kiss
- Ensure that baby’s back is supported
- Always ensure that a minimum of 7cm of the strap is pulled through
- Slings are not approved safety seats. Do not wear your baby in a moving vehicle
- Use caution around mechanical equipment. The tail could get caught
- Fabric is not flame resistant. Do not wear the sling near open flames, including stoves. In general, never wear your baby while cooking or while carrying a hot beverage.
- Never run, jog, bike or engage in vigorous activity with your baby in the sling
- Do not bend over while your baby is in the sling, as baby could fall out. Squat instead.
- Your balance may be adversely affected by your movements and that of your baby
- Baby Sense slings are built to last, but always check your sling fabric and rings for wear or damage before putting baby in the sling. If you find damage and wonder if you should use it, rather don’t.
- Dimensions: length: 196 cm; height: 17 cm.
- Colour: Stone.
- Nett Weight: 0.4 kg.
- 100% Cotton.
- Carton box.
Country of Origin:
- Made in South Africa
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.