- Argan Oil contains rare plant sterols (schottenol and spinasterol), not found in other oils. It is believed that these phytosterols are unique in their combination and that there are no other vegetable oils with a comparable phytosterol composition. In general phytosterols reduce inflammation and help block cholesterol absorption from the intestines. They also show anti-cancer properties.
- Argan Oil facilitates digestion by increasing the concentration of pepsin in the gastric juice. It contains flavonoids that act as a natural anti-inflammatory both internally and externally.
- The oil is considered highly beneficial for arthritic or rheumatic conditions.
- It is helpful for lowering cholesterol levels, stimulating circulation and strengthening the body`s natural immunity.
- It is used to soothe skin ailments like chickenpox, acne, psoriasis, and dry eczema. It is also used to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.
- Traditionally Argan Oil is also reputed to have aphrodisiac and tonic properties.
Use as salad drizzle. For a roasted nutty flavour, add to vegetable dishes, sauces, dips, soups, breakfast oats and porridges, pasta, cous-cous and quinoa dishes. Do not heat. Keep refrigerated after opening. Keep away from direct sun light. Caution: Contains Tree Nut Oil.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.