- General cleaner and dishwasher rinse aid
- Part of The Apothecary’s “Spotless” cleaning range
- Citric acid is effective at killing bacteria, mould, and mildew. It cleans away hard water marks, calcium deposits, soap scum, limescale and even rust.
- Citric acid is naturally occurring and easily biodegradable. It’s safe for the planet’s water system, and contains no harsh toxins that would pose a threat to your family’s health.
Did You Know? Citric acid is also called lemon salt or sour salt. It is commonly added to foods and beverages as a natural preservative, or as a natural flavouring.
How To Prepare Your Machine:
- When changing over from conventional dishwasher detergents and rinse aids, it is really important to first prepare your machine.
- This is done by clearing away deposits that are likely to have built up in the pipes, nooks and crannies of your machine.
- Otherwise, these deposits will be loosened by the cleaning action of the natural dishwasher salts and citric acid rinse aid, and redeposited on your dishes!
- To prepare your machine, put 1/4 - 1/2 cup of citric acid in the bottom of your empty dishwasher and start a normal wash cycle.
- After a few minutes (3-5), interrupt the cycle and allow the solution to soak in the machine for a couple of hours.
- Then resume the cycle and allow it to finish and drain the solution away.
- If your machine does not allow you to interrupt the cycle, instead run the longest cycle available with the citric acid in the bottom of the machine as above.
- Add up to 1tsp to your dishwasher dispenser to add sparkle to your dishes.
- Run an empty cycle with 1Tbsp of citric acid to clean the inside of your dishwasher.
- Dilute (30ml: 1L of water) to clean glass to a brilliant shine.
- Use a stronger solution (125ml: 1L of water) to disinfect kitchen countertops or chopping boards.
- Store in a tightly closed container to prevent caking.
- Citric acid
13 out of 13 people would recommend this product03/12/2018, By SimoneHave been using this in our homemade dishwashing pods and love it.07/11/2018, By AmyBrilliant as a dishwasher rinse aid. Cleans showers with ease. Very excited to have stumbled upon this.05/11/2018, By CobieVery economical - a little goes a long way and it does not cost the earth - literally. Back to basics stuff.10/08/2018, By BronwynThis stuff is amazing! I am so impressed. Has worked better than expected amd a little goes a long way26/03/2018, By HThis citric acid removed stains that nothing else organic or inorganic could budge. It works wonders removing stains from my light grey caeserstone countertops.19/03/2018, By KarinGreat cleaner.26/02/2018, By Varshaused it for dishwashing -stubborn marks and draining board scrub- worked really nice- i like that it isnt packaged in plastic19/02/2018, By MarihanGreat stuff, using it with the dishwasher salts as rinse aid24/01/2018, By Elisabeth BThis product has so many uses around the home. From spotless wine glasses to scum free kettles, even my daughter's homemade bath bombs!26/11/2017, By EuniceI love using this product in my bathroom. For simple toilette cleaning I use bicarb and citric acid with a few drops of orange essential oil. For the tough cleaning I add lemon juice or vinager. Using the natural cleaning products also does not harm my skin.21/10/2017, By SamanthaCleaned the scale in my kettle really well. Better than the commercial products06/10/2017, By SandraWorks as well as vinegar for cleaning water filters.21/07/2017, By DianeAdding this to the dishwashing salts made all the difference.The slight opaque look on the glasses was gone.Everything sparkled again.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.