- Helps boost magnesium level in the body
- Magnesium regulates the activity of over 325 enzymes in the body
- Easily absorbed through the skin when in solution
- Sulphates help improve the absorption of nutrients, flush toxins and help ease migraine headaches
- Proper magnesium and sulphate levels improve the proper function insulin
- Has an enormous number of practical applications
- Athlete’s Foot - Soak feet in an Epsom salt bath to help relieve symptoms
- Remove splinters - Soak affected skin area in an Epsom salt bath to draw out the splinter.
- Treat toenail fungus - Soak the affected toes in hot water mixed with a handful of Epsom salt three times a day.
- Soothe sprains and bruises - Add 2 cups Epsom salt to a warm bath and soak to reduce the pain and swelling of sprains and bruises.
- Ease discomfort of Gout - Ease the discomfort of gout and reduce inflammation by adding 2-3 teaspoons of Epsom salts into a basin and immersing the affected foot/joint. The water should be as hot as is comfortable. Soak for about 30 minutes.
- Exfoliate dead skin - In the shower or bath, mix a handful of Epsom salt with a tablespoon of bath, or olive oil and gently apply over wet skin to exfoliate and soften. Rinse thoroughly.
- Exfoliating face cleanser - To clean your face and exfoliate skin at the same time, mix a half-teaspoon of Epsom salt with your regular cleansing cream. Gently massage into skin and rinse with cold water.
- Dislodge blackheads - Add a teaspoon of Epsom salt and 3 drops iodine into a half cup of boiling water. Apply this mixture to the blackheads with a cotton ball.
- Remove foot odour - Mix a half cup of Epsom salt in warm water and soak your feet for 10 minutes to remove bad odour, soothe achy feet and soften rough skin.
- Hair volumizer - Combine equal parts deep conditioner and Epsom salt and warm in a pan. Work the warm mixture through your hair and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
- Clean bathroom tiles - Mix equal parts Epsom salt and liquid dish detergent and use as a scrub on bathroom tile.
- Prevent slugs - Sprinkle Epsom salt on or near interior entry points to prevent slugs.
- Clean detergent build-up on washing machines - Fill the machine tub with hot water, add Epsom salt, and run an agitate/soak/agitate cycle to dissolve detergent build-up (please consult your machine's instruction manual for specific instructions).
- Fertilize your houseplants - Most plants need nutrients like magnesium and sulfur to stay in good health and Epsom salt makes the primary nutrients in most plant foods (nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium) more effective. Sprinkle Epsom salt once weekly to help nourish your houseplants, flowers and vegetables.
- Keep your lawn green - Magnesium sulfate crystals, when added to the soil, provide vital nutrients that help prevent yellowing leaves and the loss of green color (magnesium is an essential element in the chlorophyll molecule) in plants. Add 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt to a ~4 liters of water and sprinkle on your lawn to keep the grass healthy and green.
- Insecticide spray - Use Epsom salts on your lawn and in your garden to safely and naturally get rid of plant pests.
Did you know? Epsom salts get their name from a natural spring in Surrey, Great Britain. The spring water there is high in magnesium sulphate, and has since lent its name to household item.
- 500 g
- Magnesium Sulphate.
Country of Origin:
- Made in South Africa
23 out of 23 people would recommend this product19/05/2021, By RachelLovely for a bath11/04/2021, By TatumUsed it in a bath, and it seems nice, very relaxing with some essential oils. Also used it on my plants and did not really see a visible difference, as I did with the previous brand, but there are so many factors that speak to plant health, so I cannot really point it to the salts.26/02/2021, By RachFabulous quality!11/02/2021, By JeandreWorks well09/12/2020, By shereleMakes for such a luxurious bath experience! Love to add about a cup for a detox bath. Wishing for some rainy weather just so I can have a relaxing bath. Just wish I could but it in bulk.21/10/2020, By YumnaGreat product, wish it came in a bigger size20/10/2020, By KarinGreat for my eczema skin in a bath20/08/2020, By SadiyaLovely salts that don't leave your skin feeling dry.20/08/2020, By AmyI like to soak in the bath for hours. I loved it20/08/2020, By AmzI was happy to find high quality food-grade Epsom salts. I used these for my liver & gallbladder flush and also have a detox bath every now and then with Epsom salts and lavender essential oil.28/07/2020, By LisaReally helped for muscle cramps when added to bath water27/07/2020, By BelindaGot these because my usual brand was out of stock and now i'm a Antonia convert!24/05/2020, By First bornExcellent18/04/2020, By Cathgood product28/02/2020, By ConnectWell done20/01/2020, By MiriamPerfect for foot baths, makes your feet smooth just after one session.07/01/2020, By HelperRequired10/11/2019, By BARBARAAnother great way of getting magnesium into your body. Wonderful to have a relaxing bath and feel healthy at the same time03/08/2019, By NicolaEasy to use, great for bath time29/07/2019, By Pure nontoxicUse this in my snake juice Web fasting15/07/2019, By NomvulaLove this stuff, a total staple for replenishment and regeneration.08/07/2019, By CarolynLovely and body beneficial addition to any bath. I know that it is doing my muscles so much good as well as detoxing my body. Great special last month and wish I had bought more :)21/10/2018, By KellyI love to use these in a bath when my muscles are feeling tired/sore! 15 minutes of soaking and relaxing with a cup of these salts in the tubs leaves me feeling like a new person!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.