- 100% natural & sustainably wild harvested
- Standardised extract
- Ultrasonic extraction process (alcohol and solvent-free) strengthens the active ingredients further
- Freeze-dried to preserves the active ingredients in their purest possible state
- Contains no sugar, starch, yeast, artificial colours
The Benefits of Sutherlandia
- Adaptogen that modulates the immune system and helps the body adapt to and cope with stressors
- A primary herbal medicine used in treating cancer and HIV
- Support for colds and flu
- Anti-viral, manages wasting, improves appetite
- Contains high levels of the brain neurochemical GABA that helps improve anxiety, stress and depression
- A tonic herb with proven anti-viral properties
- Blood purifier
- Helps with chronic fatigue
The traditional Tswana name for Sutherlandia is Phetola, meaning ‘it changes’, because this herb changes the course of many illnesses into a favourable outcome. The North Sotho name Lerumo-lamadi means ‘the spear for the blood’ meaning that Sutherlandia is a powerful blood-purifier or all-purpose tonic.
The South African Ministry of Health currently recommends the use of this herbal remedy for HIV/AIDS treatment. The recommended therapeutic dose of Sutherlandia in humans is 9 mg/kg/day. Sutherlandia has been used in the treatment of cancer, tuberculosis, diabetes, chronic fatigue syndrome, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, peptic ulcers, gastritis, reflux esophagitis, menopausal symptoms, anxiety, clinical depression and HIV infection.
One of the chemical constituents of Sutherlandia, L-canavanine, is an arginine analogue. L-canavanine has been reported to have anti-viral activity against influenza and retroviruses, including HIV.
The communities in rural areas that supply Afrigetics’ herbs are given a portion of profit through a government approved benefit sharing agreement signed by their processing partner. They have also signed a separate agreement with the South African San Council that sees a share of their sales go to an officially sanctioned organization for community development
1 capsule twice daily after meals
Ingredients 60 vegecaps
Each vegecap contains: 300mg Sutherlandia
Other Ingredients: 100% Vegetable capsules (vegetable cellulose, rice flour)
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.