- Small Wonderbag: holds 1 - 5 litre pots
- Good option for a family of four
- Filled with foam to act as an insulator
- Toggle makes it easy to tighten and close
- Comes with a recipe book of scrumptious recipes
- Choose between red or blue material in the dropdown menu
- Composition - Polyester outside, poly-cotton inside
Why Use a Wonderbag?
- Convenient: Saves meal preparation time and is so easy to use
- Versatile: Can be used to cook a wide variety of your favourite meals
- Portable: Great for camping and braais
- Cost-effective: Using the Wonderbag can reduce your family's annual energy usage by up to 30%!
- Clean: Reduces the need for stove and oven use, cutting down on your household’s CO2 emissions
- Safe: Less use of stoves means fewer accidents in the kitchen
- Sustainable: Cuts down on waste, saves water and food! The constant temperature of the Wonderbag prevents burning and reduces evaporation.
- Healthy: The insulated slow-cooking process stops valuable nutrients from evaporating.
- Proudly South African.
Please Note: The images shown above serve only as a general guide; because the Wonderbags are made by hand, the pattern of the fabrics may vary.
The Wonderbag Inspiration
Wonderbag founder Sarah Collins first started developing this unique slow-cooker in 2007, as a way to cope with the frequent power cuts in South Africa at the time. Sarah soon realised that this electricity-free insulated cooking bag could provide millions of people in impoverished communities with a safer, more affordable and sustainable alternative to cooking with kerosene, paraffin or wood.
Since then, the Wonderbag has been used to empower women living in rural communities around the world, giving them back time to care for their families, reducing the risk of smoke inhalation and burns, and saving them precious resources and annual income.
Try the revolutionary Wonderbag for yourself and experience a cleaner, greener way of nourishing your family!
- Use the right size pot for the amount of food you want to cook. Heat will be more effectively retained when the pot is full and sealed with a tight-fitting lid.
- There is no evaporation when cooking inside the Wonderbag, so you will not need as much liquid as you would with an ordinary cooking method.
- You can put a tea towel under the pot in your Wonderbag to protect it from any spills.
- You can hand wash your Wonderbag and hang to dry.
- You can also use your Wonderbag to keep things cold!
- Safety tip: Do not put a pot of half-eaten or lukewarm food in the Wonderbag as this will cause bacteria to breed.
- Do not use clay or ceramic pots with your Wonderbag.
- Not suitable for cast iron or copper bottom pots as they get too hot and can damage the insulation material.
- Casseroles transferred directly from the oven to the Wonderbag should not be hotter than 180°C (350°F
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.