Spirulina is very nutrient dense. It is 65 - 70% protein, contains all the essential amino acids, is high in organic iron, gamma-linoleic acid and beta carotene. It contains various trace minerals and vitamins and potent antioxidants such as phycocyanin which has anti-inflammatory properties. As spirulina is a food the nutrients are in their most BioAvailable form. Spirulina has been shown to:
- Boost the immune system (antibacterail and antiviral)
- Improve digestion (PreBiotic - polysaccharides)
- Produce healthy skin and shiny coat (essential oils, antioxidants, phytonutrients, vitamin E and zinc)
- Improve appetite (PreBiotic)
- Improve overall well-being and freshen breath (Fresh Breath due to Chorophyll and effect on digestion)
Sprinkle over dry or moist pet food.
- Small dogs & cats: ¼ tsp
- Medium dogs: ½ tsp
- Large dogs: 1tsp
- Giant dogs: ¾ tbsp
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
My tabby loves this stuff! has it with her salmon for lunch every day.
My tabby loves this stuff! has it with her salmon for lunch every day. It even helped with her reoccurring gingivitis - you have not met a happier cat! all this from 2 grinds a day!