Insomnia – ie difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep during the night – is a common complaint that affects roughly 10-20% of people on a regular basis. Here’s how the ingredients in Cherry Night Powder can help with insomnia:
- Cherries are a natural source of melatonin, the hormone that regulates your sleep patterns.
- The phytochemicals found in cherries also promote a healthy brain & nervous system.
- Studies show that this amino acid helps to improve sleep quality, without causing sleepiness or fatigue during the day.
- This mineral supports the body’s production of melatonin.
- Magnesium also reduces the production of certain stress hormones, promoting a more relaxed state of mind needed for better quality sleep.
Red Date (Ziziphus Jujuba):
- A popular traditional Chinese remedy used to calm the nerves, reduce heart palpitations & relieve insomnia.
- The active component in red date, known as Jujuboside A, has been shown to have anti-anxiety effects.
- Adults: Mix one heaped teaspoon into a small amount of water or juice.
- Children 2-6 years: Mix half a teaspoon into water or juice.
- Children 7-12 years: Mix one level teaspoon with water or juice.
- Drink one hour before bedtime.
- For stress, anxiety or severe insomnia, take morning & night.
- Not suitable for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Not recommended for children under 2 years unless advised by a health care professional.
- Consult your health care practitioner before taking together with another sleep-improving medication.
One heaped teaspoon provides:
- Glycine 3000mg
- Morello cherry juice 1200mg
- Red date extract 450mg
- Magnesium (citrate) 200mg
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
It does improve sleep, but...
27 May, 2016, By Yolande
Viridian Cherry Night Powder does improve sleep - I wake up less, stay away for shorter periods of time and have more restful (deeper?) sleep. I also sleep about one hour more per night (usually I can only stay asleep for about 4.5 to 5.5 hours, when taking Viridian Cherry Night Powder I get close to the 6.5 hrs I need to feel rested. However, it gives me a blinding headache on waking (and one night the headache kept me awake from about 2 AM!) Apparently it is the increase in melatonin caused by the cherry night powder that can give some people headaches. Im experimenting with lower dosages, trying to get some improvement in sleep without the accompanying headaches the following morning.