- Ideal for gluten-free, grain-free baking & cooking
- Banting/ Paleo-friendly
- High in fibre (soluble & insoluble)
- Source of nourishing fatty acids
- Great source of lignans
- Made from certified organic Canadian flax seeds
Refrigerate or freeze after opening; use within 3 months of opening.
Recipe from Gluten-Free Multi-“Grain” Crackers:
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- 1Tbsp coconut flour
- 1Tbsp Truefood Organic Flax Meal
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2Tbsp hemp seeds
- ½tsp sea salt
- 1Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup filtered water
- Pulse the almond flour, coconut flour & macadamia nuts in a food processor until well ground.
- Add the seeds, flax meal & salt; pulse until almost fully ground, with a little texture for crunch.
- Add the coconut oil & pulse, then add the water & pulse; a ball of dough will start to form.
- Roll out dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper; cut into squares & bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy; makes about 25 crackers.
Partially-defatted flax seed meal
Nutritional information (per 8g/ 1Tbsp serving):
- Energy: 146kJ
- Protein: 3g
- Glycaemic carbohydrate: 0g
- of which total sugar: 0g
- Total fat: 1g
- of which saturated fat: 0.1g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0g
- Dietary fibre: 3g
- Total sodium: 5g