- Written by Professor Tim Noakes, Jonno Proudfoot and Bridget Surtees
- Not focused on low carb/high fat, but rather real meals with whole foods, optimal for growing children.
- Advises to reduce or eliminate non-natural sugars, refined carbohydrates, processed foods from childrens diets.
- Optimise your childs growth by providing foods that are high in brain-specific nutrients that are high-fat (as is breastmilk- the ultimate superfood for babies) and optimal for brain development in newborn infants and babies.
- This book aims to prevent obesity rather than curing it.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
Fantastic recipe book
17 May, 2016, By Robyn
I know there there is a fair bit of contention around Prof Noakes and the banting eating plan. Personally, I don’t bant and I am recently converted from vegetarian to pesca-tarian (the only flesh I eat is fish) but even so I really think this is a fantastic book to help any family reduce dependence on “sugary” staples. Ultimately my biggest mantra with anything in life, but particularly food, is balance. There are some fantastic ideas on preparing low-carb and low-sugar meals for children and adults alike and I think there is a lot of good common sense in the book.