The Mama Bamba Way: The Power and Pleasure of Natural Childbirth
- Paperback: 272 pages
- Dimensions: 6.8 x 1 x 8.8 inches
- Focusing on the richness and magic in birth and its potential to transform
- Gentle guide helps expectant mothers develop awareness of self, of baby, and of each birthing moment.
- Techniques for creating a relationship with the baby in the womb, surrendering into labour through dance, and using meditation and visualization are explored
- Advice on choosing the right birth and caregiver, deciding if a Caesarean is the right choice, and coping with the loss of a baby.
- Contains personal and touching experiences, research and information regarding different aspects of pregnancy, helpful tips, activities, ideas, practices, meditations, photos, and a lot of insight
About the Author
Robyn Sheldon is a midwife, an integration therapist, and a meditation facilitator who specializes in helping pregnant women release birth fear and create trauma-free births.
Presently Robyn trains birth professionals, to inspire them to re-ignite their passion for birth, and facilitates birth preparation courses for parents, where she teaches them to let go of fear and resistance to birth. Parents are guided through processes which empower them to create meaningful and sacred birth experiences for themselves and their babies. Robyn incorporates a variety of disciplines in her work, from her formal education in the spheres of art, midwifery, teaching and doula training as well as more than 20 years of in depth experience in meditation practice.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
Incredible, must read for all pregnant women
29 Sep, 2016, By Alex
This book changed my outlook on the process of labour and empowered me to strive for a natural birth. All pregnant women should read this book. It is extremely empowering and gives you such an amazing perspective of how birth can be. Highly recommended. Robyn also runs weekend courses in Cape Town which are incredible.
23 Sep, 2016, By Carla
This is a brilliant book helping out the mom-to-be escape the birth fears induced by our modern age. It is very informative and hands on. Provides some great tools to relax you into an informed mindful pregnancy. I love it!