Authors: Kerry Jones, Tsemkgao Fanie Cwi
- Original artwork and Illustrations by the Ju|'hoan people
- Includeds CD and pronunciation guide
- Trilingual: Ju|'hoan, English, Afrikaans
- Wonderful way for kids to learn about the San culture and language
- Raise awareness about the tapestry of cultures in South Africa
- Paperback / softback
- 136 pages
Winner of the ATKV’s “Woordwystoekenning vir Woordeboeke en Taalgidse” award
About the Ju|'hoansi
There are approximately 11 000 mother-tongue speakers of Ju|'hoansi in Namibia and Botswana that use the language on a daily basis. Ju|'hoansi is closely related to another San language called !Xun which is spoken in South Africa by approximately 6 000 people in the Northern Cape area. So practically speaking, to speak Ju|'hoansi would be a useful tool to have should you want to collaborate with the South African !Xun.
||Ae !kau dharia ke ka kokoxui juasi kosin si oosi.
Hou jou mense, jou taal en jou kultuur na aan mekaar.
Hold your people, your language and your culture tightly together