What makes this pizza premix so good for you?
- Gluten-free, dairy-free
- No synthetic additives or preservatives
- Sunflower seed flour is rich in selenium, magnesium & vitamin E
- Flax flour is a complete protein source, rich in amino acids, fibre & lignans
- Psyllium is fibre-rich, promoting a healthy colon & keeping cholesterol in check
Please Note: Keep your pizza base mix refrigerated.
- Mix 230g pizza premix (the whole bag) with 3 eggs, until you have a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough in 2, then roll out each piece of dough into a thin pizza base, between 2 baking sheets.
- Grill on a greased tray at 180 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
- Turn over, add cheese & toppings & grill until cheese has melted. Yum!
- The 690g mix makes 6 pizza bases
Recipe for Paleo Pizza “Cheese” Topping:
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup raw pine nuts/ cashews
- 1tsp sea salt
- ½tsp dried oregano
- ½tsp dried basil
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Dash of garlic powder
- 1½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2Tbsp lemon juice
- 1Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 8tsp agar agar
- ¼ cup virgin olive oil
- Place the cashews in a medium saucepan & cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat & allow to lightly boil for about 15 minutes, until the nuts are very soft. Drain the nuts & transfer them to a food processor.
- Add the salt, oregano, basil, black pepper & garlic powder to the food processor; blend well until the mixture begins to form a paste.
- Bring the almond milk, lemon juice, vinegar, agar & olive oil to the boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat & allow to lightly boil for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the liquid to your food processor & blend until very smooth.
- Lightly grease the inside of 2 ramekins with the olive oil; pour the liquid into each.
- Place the ramekins in the fridge to set for about 2 hours.
- Once set, grate or slice your “cheese” & use it to top your Paleo pizza crust.
Sunflower seed flour, golden flaxseed flour, psyllium husk, salt, xylitol
Nutritional information per 2 pizza bases:
- Calories: 1088
- Carbohydrates: 35.4g
- Fibre: 23.3g
- Sugars: 3.7g
- Fat: 80g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Transfat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 523mg
- Protein: 42.3g
- Total carbs: 12.1g