- 100% natural, made with organic and wild-sourced ingredients
- Ideal for everyday use
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- No chemical sunscreen filters
- No parabens or harmful preservatives
- No titanium dioxide
- No mineral oils
- No PEG emulsifiers
- No colourants
- No added fragrances; Cape chamomile had a mild natural aroma
- Lightweight, moisturising
- Won’t leave a white residue on the skin
- Not tested on animals; contains no animal by-products
- Fully certified with COLIPA and ISO standards for UVA and UVB
Zinc oxide is a safe, natural chemical with powerful anti-radiation properties, while plant-based ingredients are photo-protective.
- Cape chestnut oil protects against ultra violet radiation and is full of essential fatty acids to heal and nourish dry skin.
- Cape chamomile oil is naturally anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antiallergenic;
- Kigelia is full of antioxidants that keep preserve your skin’s elasticity;
- Aloe ferox is moisturising, soothing and healing.
A note on UVA protection: Sunumbra doesn’t just protect against the sunburn caused by UVB rays; it also protects skin against the damage and ageing caused by deep-penetrating UVA rays. Very few ordinary high-SPF sunscreens provide you with much-needed UVA protection, which is important even in cloudy, overcast weather.
- Apply 15 minutes before sun exposure, so the sunscreen has time to soak into the skin and provide maximum benefit.
- Apply liberally to all exposed areas, taking extra care to cover frequently forgotten spots: lips, back of neck, ears, nose, tops of feet, hairline & unprotected areas of the head.
- Re-apply at least every 2 hours.
- Note: You should apply sunscreen every day, even if it is cloudy, as the UV rays, especially UVA, penetrate clouds.
- Most sunscreens require that an average-size adult use at least one ounce (about 6 teaspoons) to evenly cover the body from head to toe. Adjust this amount to suit the size and age of your child.
De-ionised water, Cape chestnut oil,*** sodium olivoyl glutamate**, cetearyl alcohol**, glyceryl stearate**, zinc oxide (non-nano, non-coated), carnauba wax, ascorbyl glucoside,* galactoarabinan,** populus tremuloides (Aspen bark extract,)* superoxide dismutase (SOD),* aloe ferox extract,*** tyrosine,* allantoin, nicotinamide (Vitamin B3),* kigelia extract,*** Cape chamomile oil**
*100% natural certification
Please Note: Sunumbra P has optimised their formulation. The fundamentals of the formula have not changed, only ever using 100% natural ingredients – zinc oxide and botanicals. The key change is a modified emulsification system, resulting in a much more stable cream without any separation.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
Leaves streaks and doesn absorb well
05 Sep, 2016, By Robyn
I was disappointed with this product. it does not absorb well and requires you to put it on with a mirror so you can rub all the spots that the white cream does not get absorbed. Not what I was expecting from a daily sun protecting moisturiser.
04 Nov, 2015, By Colleen
Fantastic product, bit thinner than the SPF30, so doesn take as much shaking and squidging. I really like the smell and although it is thicker than suncreams we might be used to - it does spread easily.
Best suncream Ive ever used!
15 Sep, 2015, By Kate
I love Sunumbra products so much, especially this light daily one. I used to get rashes from other brands of suncream, but with Sunumbra my skin actually feels nourished. It provides long-lasting protection with no poisonous chemicals. Definitely worth the price, as you can use a very small amount. All round love!
No white-face effect!
21 Mar, 2015, By Christine
I have purchased my second bottle of SunUmbra and am so happy with this sun cream. I have tried pretty much all the natural sun lotions on the market and this one definitely has the best price-performance ratio. It doesn make my face white or too greasy and I haven had a sunburn all summer, no matter how long I was outside. I recommend it!
05 Jan, 2015, By raeesa
Choosing a natural sunscreen worried me as many people complain of them leaving a whitish ghostly effect on the face. this sunscreen blends in well on my Indian skin tone, leaving behind no residue. It also feels quite moisturising!