- Affordable, convenient & versatile
- Safe for use indoors or outdoors; no risk of fire or burning
- Eco-friendly & sustainable, with no waste or pollution
- No need for expensive batteries or fuel
- Super-tough & splash-proof
- Great for rural homes, game lodges, farms & campsites
- Also suitable for use in schools, hospitals, clinics & community centres
Solar Buddy Specifications:
- Dimensions: 85mm width x 220mm height
- Weight: 260g
- 350 mA, 1.2V X 3 NI-MH storage battery for hours of light
- Large 0.4W solar panel for fast charging & long lifespan
- 0.5W Superbright white LED light
- 2 brightness level settings
- Multiple handle setting for great flexibility
- 8 hours of charging in the sun gives you 9 hours of light
- Full charge will hold for up to 6 months if not exposed to light
- Emergency charge with a Nokia cellphone charger (3 hours)
- Before using your Solar Buddy, leave the light switched off & charge the unit for at least 1 day. Place your Solar Buddy in direct sunlight to charge.
- When using your Nokia charger, the unit will show red while charging & orange once charged.
- Do not use your Nokia charger for more than 2 hours to charge your Solar Buddy.
- It is normal for the battery temperature to rise during charging.
- Press the Of/ Off switch once for the low light setting, and twice for the high light setting.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
03 Sep, 2015, By Patricia
I like this lantern a lot, but it doesn seem to have two brightness settings, as described. Both seem the same. I spoke to the supplier, who agreed that theres not really a noticeable difference, but she told me that the first setting gives longer battery life that the second.
19 Jul, 2015, By Elna
I am one happy customer!
08 Jul, 2015, By Erika
I am thrilled to report that all the lamps worked really well. Despite some overcast weather and sometimes being in the shade during the daily solar recharging, they did not run out of power when they were used every evening from about 5h30 until 10h00 for five consecutive days. I would lay a Solar Buddy on its side our lilos between us on and read perfectly comfortably by its light, sometimes until 11pm.
02 Jun, 2015, By Noelle
I bought one of these from Faithful to Nature last year. Almost a year to the day from when I bought it, it died. This wasn surprising, because it never really worked. It was cheaply made, the button was always getting stuck, it would lose charge within a few hours (after being left in the sun all day) and constantly shut itself off when I needed it on.
I will note though, that mine had the button in a different place than this one. I am hoping that Faithful to Nature is sourcing these from a different manufacturer now.
25 May, 2015, By Miranda
This was a great buy. We bought 4 for the house for load shedding. They create a good light and as a rule every morning they are put into the sun to charge.
04 Jan, 2015, By Fiona
Much lighter than the Consol solar jar, nor as fragile. Doesn need direct sunlight to charge, arrived with a lose battery base otherwise would have 5 stars. Good product.