Directions for use
Essential oils are the highly concentrated active ingredients of plants. They should always be diluted in a base before use and should not be taken internally without professional recommendation.
- Baths: Add 5 – 10 drops of essential oil(s) to a warm bath. If skin is sensitive, blend the essential oil in a teaspoon of carrier oil first. Close the door so the vapours don’t escape. Soak for at least 10 minutes relaxing and breathing deeply. For added moisturising dilute the oils in 10ml of carrier before adding to the bath.
- Massage: Add 5 – 6 drops of essential oil per 10ml of carrier oil. Mix thoroughly and apply liberally to the skin.
- Inhalations: Add 4 - 5 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming water. Place a towel over your head, close your eyes and lean over the bowl. Inhale the vapour for a few minutes.
- Burners and Diffusers: Fill the bowl of the burner/vaporiser with water and then add 3 – 6 drops of essential oil. Light the candle and the oil will evaporate as the water heats up. Do not let the bowl dry out.
- Compress: Recommended when the area is too painful to massage. Dip a towel or cloth in 4-5 drops of essential oil and 200ml hot or hold water and wring out. Cover the affected area with this compress. Then place a plastic wrap over this and a towel or blanket on top. Leave the compress on for 2-4 hours.
Caring for your SOiL essential oils
SOiL essential oils and carrier oils are living products that are vulnerable to heat, moisture, air and light. It is best to store them in a cool, dark place with the lids well sealed. If your fridge is the only cool place around, allow the oils to reach a cool room temperature before use (around 20 degrees C).
Essential oils are highly concentrated and should always be used with care. They should be diluted in a suitable carrier oil when applying to the skin and should not be used on children under 18 months. Essential oils are not recommended for use during pregnancy. Do not take internally, and if ever uncertain consult an aromatherapy practitioner for professional advice.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
Soil Lemon Tea Tree Essential Oil
06 Nov, 2016, By Abigail
Smells lovely. Ive used it to help with a cold. I just put a few drops on a tissue and inhale it now and then.
08 Jan, 2015, By Tammy
I use it all around the house for general cleaning/disinfecting of surfaces much as the previous reviewer remarked. Wonderful cleaning aid with a delicious crisp clean lemon smell.
02 Feb, 2014, By Bronwen
I buy this essential oil all the time. I make my own kitchen surface cleaner by adding a few drop to water in a spray bottle. (about 750ml) Tee Tree oil is known for its anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties so it makes a great natural cleaner. Also helps to keep flies away. They don seem to like the smell.
I also add a few drop to a bucket of water, and wearing gloves, I use a cloth and clean my toilet with this after a good scrub with an organic, natural cleaning product. This gives the loo a nice fresh and clean smell.
What helps too is to put a drop or too onto a cotton face pad and when you change your bin packet, throw the face pad into the packet. I also clean and wipe my bins after washing, with a few drops of this, especially in the inside of the bin lids. Every time you open the bin to throw something away, you are greeted with a pleasant smell and not a rubbish smell! Also great for keeping flies away from your bins!