This soil slab is made with natural recycled materials and infused with organic nutrients, to help your plants grow strong and healthy. Embedded with open pollinated, non-GMO heirloom romaine lettuce seeds.
- Crisp & juicy
- Has a mild, fine-bitter flavour
- Mosaic virus tolerant
- Best season for sowing: All year round
- Light needed: Full sun to light shade
- Harvest: 4-8 weeks
- Supply: 1 slab = 3 month supply with average use (4 people)
- Companion planting: Lettuce grows well with onions, beans, beets, carrots, parsnips, radishes, tomatoes, cucumber, dill or even strawberries
Did You Know? Due to its higher chlorophyll content, romaine lettuce is one of the most nutritious lettuce varieties.
Recipe for Sautéed Romaine Lettuce:
- 3Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed & peeled
- 1 small celery stalk, chopped
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, trimmed & cut into strips (about 10 cups)
- Coarse salt & freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, celery & red pepper flakes; sauté until celery is softened & golden (about 5 minutes).
- Add the lettuce, pressing it down to fit. Season with salt & pepper.
- Cover & cook, tossing occasionally, until the lettuce is completely wilted & the liquid has evaporated (10-12 minutes).
- Serve & enjoy!
- Inside your Slab of Seed box, you’ll find a soil “chocolate slab”; each block in the slab is embedded with a romaine lettuce seed.
- Snap off your "chocolate" blocks. Space them as shown on the side of the box.
- Bury just below the soil surface, cover and water every 3 - 4 days until seedlings peep out.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.