About your seed slab:
- Made with natural recycled materials
- Infused with organic nutrients
- Sown with non-GM open pollinated heirloom seeds
- Retains more water than ordinary soil
- User-friendly instructions included
- A proudly South African invention; the first of its kind!
About heirloom seeds/ heritage seeds:
- Naturally pollinated (open pollinated)
- Stay fertile year after year, unlike hybrid seeds
- Contribute to seed diversity, unlike GM seeds
- Yield bigger, tastier & more nutritious veggies & herbs
About purple cauliflower:
- Rich purple colouring
- Fine sweet flavour
- Heads can grow up to 1-1.5kg
- Insect-resistant; easier to grow than most white cauliflower varieties
- Best season for sowing: Summer, Autumn
- Light needed: Full sun
- Harvest: 21-20 weeks
- Supply: 1 slab = 4 month supply with average use (4 people)
- Companion planting: Cauliflower grows well with spinach, celery, onions, peppers, legumes, sweetcorn, squash & tomatoes
Did You Know? The Purple of Sicily cauliflower gets its colouring from a natural pigment called anthocyanin. This substance also has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
Recipe for Purple Cauliflower Soup:
- 1 head of purple cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Pinch of paprika
- Break the cauliflower into small florets.
- Heat the oil in a pot, add the onion & sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the garlic & cook for approx. 30 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower, stir until coated & cook uncovered for 5 minutes. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add the broth & bring to a simmer; cook for 25 minutes.
- Purée the soup in a blender until smooth.
- Serve hot; garnish with paprika & drizzle with a little olive oil.
- This is a really eye-catching purple soup that all healthy foodies will love!
- Inside your Slab of Seed box, you’ll find a soil “chocolate slab”; each block of the slab is embedded with a purple cauliflower seed.
- Snap off your "chocolate" blocks. Space them as shown on the side of the box.
- Bury just below the soil surface, cover and water every 3 - 4 days until seedlings peep out.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.