About the SOW Delicious Seed Slab:
- Made using natural & recycled materials
- Embedded with non-GM, open pollinated heirloom seeds
- Enriched with organic nutrients to promote healthy germination
- Retains more water than the soil, keeping seeds moist
- Makes it so easy to sow & grow your own fresh produce
- Includes user-friendly planting instructions
- Fully biodegradable
Heirloom seeds are superior to hybrid seeds, staying fertile season after season and giving you bigger, tastier and more nutrient-dense plants.
About Pak Choi:
- A rich source of vitamin K & calcium
- Best season for sowing: All year round
- Light needed: Full sun
- Harvest: 6-8 weeks
- Supply: 1 slab = 6 month supply with average use (4 people)
- Companion planting: Pak Choi grows well with onions, cucumber, potatoes, sage, celery, rosemary & dill
Did You Know? Pak Choi is also known as Chinese cabbage – although it has a mild flavour that’s really nothing like cabbage.
Recipe for Sesame Pak Choi:
- 9 Pak Choi
- 2Tbsp peanut oil
- 2Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed & finely chopped
- 1 mild green chilli, seeded & finely chopped
- Cut a thick slice from the Pak Choi root to separate the leaves. Rinse & drain the leaves.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok over a medium heat; add the Pak Choi, garlic, chilli & 1Tbsp sesame oil.
- Toss until the leaves are coated; cover & reduce the heat.
- Cook for another 3-6 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the leaves have just wilted; the stalks should be tender but crisp.
- Add the rest of the sesame oil & the salt. Toss & serve immediately.
- Inside your Slab of Seed box, you’ll find a soil “chocolate slab”; each block in the slab is embedded with a Pak Choi seed.
- Snap off your "chocolate" blocks. Space them as shown on the side of the box.
- Bury just below the soil surface, cover and water every 3 - 4 days until seedlings peep out.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.