What makes SOW Delicious Seed Slabs so special?
- Made with open pollinated heirloom seeds
- Enriched with organic nutrients
- Handmade using all-natural materials
- Fully biodegradable
- Retains more moisture than ordinary soil
- Includes easy-to-follow planting instructions
About the Ashley cucumber:
- Fresh, crisp & juicy
- Great "slicing cucumbers", also suitable for picking
- Grow up to 30cm in length
- Best season for sowing: Spring to Mid-Summer
- Light needed: Full sun, afternoon shade
- Harvest: 10-14 weeks
- Supply: 1 slab = 10 month supply with average use (4 people)
- Companion planting: Cucumbers like to grow alongside sweetcorn, beans, peas, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, cabbage or sunflowers
- Resistant to Powdery Mildew (PM)
Recipe for Creamy Cucumber Soup:
- 4 cups Ashley cucumbers, peeled, seeded & thinly sliced
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1½ cups vegetable broth
- 1Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1Tbsp lemon juice
- ½tsp salt
- ¼tsp freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, plus extra for garnish
- Sauté the onion & garlic in the olive oil on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until tender (1- 4 minutes).
- Add the lemon juice & cook for 1 minute. Add 3½ cups of the cucumber slices, plus the broth, salt, ground pepper & cayenne; bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat & cook at a gentle simmer until the cucumbers are soft (6- 8 minutes).
- Pour the soup into a blender. Add the avocado & parsley; blend on low speed until smooth.
- Pour into a serving bowl & stir in yoghurt.
- Chop the remaining cucumber slices.
- You can serve the soup warm or refrigerate & then serve it chilled.
- Before serving, garnish with the remaining chopped cucumber & more chopped parsley.
- Inside your Slab of Seed box, you’ll find a soil “chocolate slab”; each block of the slab is sown with a cucumber seed.
- Snap off your "chocolate" blocks. Space them as shown on the side of the box.
- Bury just below the soil surface, cover and water every 3 - 4 days until seedlings peep out.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.