- Ceres (Europe) and Debio (Norway) organic certification
- Demeter certified biodynamic
- Part of the biodiversity and wine initiative to preserve and rehabilitate the Cape Floral Kingdom
- Grown with conscious awareness of the interdependence of all life
- Herbicide, pesticide and fungicide free
- No artificial additives in the cellar
- Low sulphur content
- 2014 vintage
- Drink now until 2021
Reyneke’s Cornerstone initiative profits go to projects benefitting their workers and their families.
The Syrah undergoes a traditional style fermentation in concrete Nomblot tanks, incorporating 35% whole bunches which are foot-crushed. Spontaneous, natural fermentation occurs with minimal punch down and pump over’s. The wine spends 12 to 14 days on the skins before being racked into a combination of a 2500L Foudre and older French oak barrels for 13 months maturation.
Bouquet: Bright purple plum fruit and raspberry notes dominate the nose leading into subtle aromas of violets, fynbos and fennel spice adding to the complexity of this wine.
Palate: The palate shows a vibrancy, youth and freshness. Layers of wild berries and peppery spice linger on the palate with a fine chalky tannin structure which promises longevity.
Food pairing: grilled or barbecued meats, olives, barbecued, grilled or roasted vegetables, vegetarian dishes with bold sauces, mushroom risotto and parmesan cheese
Alc % 13.68
Please enjoy responsibly. Alcohol reduces driving ability, please don't drink and drive. Not for sale to under 18's