- High in protein
- Easy to cook
- Versatile, suits all sorts of pasta dishes
- Made with organic ingredients
To cook, simmer in hot water for 13-15 minutes.
Recipe for Quinoa Spaghetti with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce:
- 200-250g Quinua Real Spaghetti
- 3Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1Tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 2Tbsp tomato paste
- 1½ cups red wine
- 4 cups roasted red peppers
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- ½tsp cayenne or paprika
- Handful of grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh sage, minced, to garnish
- Soak the peppers in cold water for 10-15 minutes; this will prevent the sauce from becoming too acidic.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion & sauté until translucent (approx. 3 minutes). Sprinkle a little salt over the onions while they cook.
- Mix in the garlic & sage; sauté another minute.
- Stir in the tomato paste & cook for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture turns bright brick-red.
- Add the wine & stir well. Turn the heat up to high, then allow the sauce to boil down (reduce) by half.
- Stir in the peppers & turn the heat back down to medium. Leave to simmer for 10-20 minutes, until the peppers are cooked & soft.
- Purée the mixture in a blender, scraping down the sides as you go, until you have a smooth sauce.
- Return the sauce to the pan & cook on medium-low. Add the cayenne or paprika.
- Keep the sauce warm while cooking the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Drain the cooked pasta & place in a large bowl. Spoon the sauce over the pasta & mix evenly. Garnish with grated cheese & fresh sage.
Rice flour*(75%), royal quinoa flour* (25%)
*From organic farming
Nutritional Information (per 100g):
- Energy value: 364Kcal/ 1524kj
- Carbohydrate: 78.1g
- Protein: 8.5g
- Glucides: 0g
- Total fat: 1.1g
- of which saturated: 0g
- Iron: 0.0068g
- Fibre: 1g
- Sodium: 0.0116g
- Phosphorus: 0.155g
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
High quality product
13 Jul, 2015, By Sarah
These taste amazing - a great addition to our healthier pantry - thanks FTN!