- A seasonal blend of Frantoio, Leccino, Coratina, Barnea, Dor Carlo, Koroneiki & Favolosa olive varieties
- Grown & bottled on a family-run Prince Albert farm
- Cold extracted for superior flavour & quality
- A 100% local, premium quality olive oil, packaged in a traditional tin
- Awarded Gold at the SA Olive Oil Awards 2013
- SA Olive CTC Seal indicates the freshness of the contents
Garlic-Infused Olive Oil:
- ½ cup whole garlic cloves, peeled
- Juice from ¼ organic lime
- 1½ cups Prince Albert Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Combine the garlic cloves in a bowl with the lime juice. Stir & let sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Drain the lime juice from the cloves & set it aside for later.
- Spread the garlic cloves out in one layer in a small baking dish.
- Pour enough olive oil over the garlic to completely cover the cloves.
- Roast in a hot oven for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven & let cool (the cloves will darken as they cool down).
- Scoop the cloves out of the oil into a bowl using a slotted spoon.
- Pour the reserved lime juice over the cloves with ½ cup of the olive oil; stir to combine.
- Strain the oil into a clean glass bottle. You can use the left-over garlic cloves in other recipes that call for roasted garlic.
- Seal the bottle with a lid or cork, then store in the refrigerator. Use within 10-14 days.
Extra virgin olive oil
- Natural free acidity <0.8%
- Peroxide value <20meq/kg
Nutritional Information per 15ml:
- Energy: 502kJ
- Protein: 0g
- Total fat: 13.8g
- of which monounsaturated fat: 9.9g
- of which polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- of which saturated fat: 2g
- of which trans fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0g
- Sodium: 0g
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
13 Aug, 2016, By Sergio
Best Olive oil
13 Aug, 2016, By Bonolo
This the best olive oil ever. It does not compare with the store bought at all. it has an amazing flavour. I will definitely be buying more.
The best olive oil
15 Jul, 2016, By Nathan
This is the very best olive oil you can find at a very reasonable price. Don buy those ones in the stores, get this one and youll love it!
03 Jun, 2016, By Tim
This is the best olive oil weve ever tasted - would definitely recommend! Full of flavour, with a peppery hint, as it is supposed to be - not tasteless like the shop-bought varieties
Home grown and delicious!
03 Feb, 2016, By Genevieve
Honestly, this is by far the best olive oil Ive come across made in South Africa. It reminds me of an olive oil that was brought to us from a Tuscan farm in Italy. Im also a sucker for packaging and this just looks great in the kitchen and on the table!
Very nice olive oil
11 Oct, 2015, By Carol Anne
Love this oil, the tin and the special pourer that enables one to actually drizzle it over food, instead of the usual and wasteful heavy pour one gets with bottles. Its also very reasonably priced and great to know its local and fresh. Nicest olive oil I have used.
12 Sep, 2015, By Verena
Really tasty olive oil and I use it over salads and pasta. Has a very pleasant taste unlike some olive oils which seem to come from unripe olives.Highly recommended!!
30 Jun, 2015, By Marie
One of the best olive oils I have ever tasted in my life. Having been purchasing elsewhere and am so happy I can get this from here too now!
20 Jun, 2015, By Ingrid
Without a doubt the BEST olive oil I have ever tasted - by a very long way. Seriously cannot stop raving about it.