It is known to be a potent antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiparasitic oil that can reduce pain and inflammation and effectively fight off infections.
Applied topically along with a carrier oil, oregano essential oil can help to:
- Clear skin infections & inflammation
- Protect against bacteria & viruses
- Reduce swelling & skin allergy symptoms
- Treat ringworm, athletes foot & fungal infections
- Relieve the pain of sore joints & muscles
- Ease tight chests & clear phlegm
- Protect against free radical damage
Oil of oregano can also be diffused and inhaled as an aromatic treatment for congested sinuses and chests.
Did You Know? The two key compounds found in this oil are carvacrol and thymol. Studies have shown that both of these compounds have significant antimicrobial powers.
Note: It is important not to confuse oil of oregano with the common oregano used as a spice for cooking. Common oregano typically comes from Origanum Marjoram, while oil of oregano is derived from the Origanum Vulgare plant.
Oil of oregano is highly concentrated; always dilute it with a carrier oil before applying to the skin.
- Do not ingest; do not apply directly to skin without diluting
- Not suitable for pregnant women
- If any skin irritations or rashes occur, discontinue use and consult your doctor
- People with allergies to thyme, basil, mint, or sage may be sensitive to oregano oil, since they are in the same family of plants
Organic oil of origanum (Oregano Vulgare)
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
22 Oct, 2015, By Rehzaan
I am so impressed with the oregano oil. Potent anti-bacterial oil that has reduced the blemishes I have on my back. The Nautica Range has become my favourite range so far, their bentonite clay and oregano oil products are great additions to my daily skin regime.