Spelt is related to wheat, but it’s much higher in protein and other essential nutrients. It’s also easier to grow organically without insecticides, because of the protective husk that shields it from pests and pollutants.
There are so many reasons to make organic spelt kernels a part of your family’s diet:
- Spelt is full of fibre and antioxidants, and all contains 8 essential amino acids.
- It also has a long list of useful vitamins and minerals; vitamin B1, B2, B3 and B17, plus plenty of manganese, copper and zinc.
- Although spelt contains gluten, some people with wheat sensitivities find they can tolerate it with no ill-effects.
- Spelt kernels are a great plant-based source of protein for vegans and vegetarians.
Natures Choice Spelt Kernels are free of GMOs, and certified organic by BCS Germany.
- Soak overnight before use; cook using a ratio of 1:2 with water.
- Combine spelt kernels and water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover the pot and simmer until chewy and tender.
100% certified organic spelt kernels.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.