This is a homoeopathic medicine for the treatment of:
- Gum disease
- Bleeding gums
- Inflammation of the gums (gingivitis)
- Mouth ulcers
- Trauma associated with tooth extractions
Mode of action
- Atropa belladonna has an anti-inflammatory action and treats dry, painful mouth, gumboils, red, inflamed tongue and throbbing pain in the teeth. It is also useful for treating grinding of teeth.
- Calcarea fluorica has a drainage effect on the glands of the mouth and treats gumboils. It also restores healthy elasticity to oral tissue, relieving cracked appearance of the tongue, hardening of the tongue and looseness of the teeth. Its analgesic effect soothes toothache when food touches the teeth.
- Creosotum is indicated for painful teething, rapid dental decay, spongy, bleeding gums, red, bleeding lips and halitosis.
- Delphinium staphisagria treats spongy gums that bleed easily, discoloured crumbling teeth, toothache accompanying menses and swollen submaxillary glands.
- Kalium muriaticum has an anti-inflammatory and mucolytic action and treats oral thrush, mouth ulcers, swollen glands around the oral area and neck and a grey-white slimy coating of the tongue.
- Magnesium phosphoricum has antispasmodic and analgesic action and relieves toothache, oral ulceration, swelling of the glands in and around the mouth and swelling of the tongue.
- Matricaria recutita has an analgesic effect and relieves toothache and teething problems.
- Mercurius corrosivus has a drainage and anti-inflammatory action on the tissues of the oral area and treats swollen, purple, spongy gums, inflamed tongue, excessive salivation, pyorrhoea and loose teeth.
- Plantago major has an analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect and relieves toothache that spreads to the ear, swelling of the cheeks and excessive salivation.
- Pulsatilla vulgaris acts on the mucous membranes of the mouth to treat yellow or white coating of the tongue, toothache, loss of taste and halitosis of oral origin.
10 drops directly on the tongue or diluted in a little water three times daily. May be taken one to two hourly in acute cases while symptoms are severe. Dilute with water for infants and allow to stand for a short time before administering. Reduce dosage with improvement of symptoms.
There are no known side effects.
Each 1ml of liquid contains:
- Atropa belladonna (Belladonna) Spag D3
- Calcarea fluorica D10
- Creosotum D10
- Delphinium staphisagria (Staphisagria) Spag D4
- Kalium muriaticum D6
- Magnesium phosphoricum D10
- Matricaria recutita (Chamomilla) Spag D3
- Mercurius corrosivus D12
- Plantago major Spag D6
- Pulsatilla vulgaris Spag D8
- Preservative: 20% Alcohol
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.