This is a homoeopathic medicine for the treatment of dry, itchy skin, skin sensitivity, skin blotches, skin blemishes, pimples, acne, skin allergies, urticaria (hives) and pruritus.
Homoeopathic mode of action
- Antipyrinum acts on the vaso-motor centres to reduce oedema and associated conditions of the skin and mucous membranes. It treats erythema, eczema, intense pruritus and urticaria on the skin.
- Arsenicum album has deep action on every organ of the body and its action on the skin is to reduce itching, burning and swelling. It relieves dry, rough, scaly skin, helps treat psoriasis and helps heal ulcers with offensive discharge.
- Berberis aquifolium stimulates glandular function and improves the assimilation of nutrients which often underlie poor skin conditions. It is indicated for pimples, dry, rough, scaly skin, eruptions on the scalp that extend to the face and neck, psoriasis, acne, dry eczema and pruritus.
- Borax improves the condition of unhealthy skin. It helps treat psoriasis, itching on the back of the finger-joints, slight injuries that have a tendency to suppurate, red, blotchy eruptions on the face, herpes eruptions and chilblains.
- Centella asiatica helps relieve dry eruptions, thickening of the epidermoid layer with exfoliation of scales, pustules, acne, skin blotches with scaly edges, psoriasis and severe itching on the soles of the feet.
- Croton tiglium helps relieve skin conditions that tend to be worse in summer. The face and genitals are most frequently affected and this remedy treats intense itching when scratching is painful, vesicular eruptions that constantly ooze, pustular eruptions and herpes zoster.
- Fagopyrum esculentum has a deep action on the skin to help treat severe pruritus and offensive excretions. It relieves itching which is better for bathing in cold water and worse from scratching. It treats painful red blotches, boils, pruritus of the knees, elbows, hands and hairy body parts, vesicular and pustular dermatitis and hot, swollen skin.
- Graphites has a strong anti-psoric action and is indicated for rough, hard, persistently dry skin, early stages of keloid formation, pimples, acne, sticky suppurations from eruptions, rawness in the bends of limbs, groin, neck and behind the ears, suppurating skin injuries, stinging pain in the skin and swelling of feet.
- Pix liquida relieves cracked or scaly eruptions on the skin, especially on the backs of the hands and where accompanied by severe itchiness.
Please consult your practitioner if symptoms are severe or persist for longer than the following time limits without improvement: urticaria should improve within three days, skin allergies within one week, pruritus or itching skin within two weeks, skin sensitivity, skin blemishes and blotches within four weeks and chronic acne should improve within twelve weeks. Unless otherwise prescribed, do not exceed the stated dose. In the rare event of hypersensitivity to an ingredient in this medicine, discontinue use. Substitute existing medical treatment under professional supervision.
Take ten drops directly on the tongue or diluted in a little water three times daily. May be taken one to two hourly in acute cases while symptoms are severe.
Dilute with water for infants.
Reduce dosage with improvement of symptoms.
As absorption of homoeopathic medicines occurs mainly through the mucous membrane of the mouth, it is desirable to hold the medicine in the mouth for a short period and for the mouth to be free of any other tastes (toothpaste, peppermint, etc.) when taking the medicine. Avoid taking this medicine within half an hour of strong coffee, chocolate, camphor or aromatic substances which may reduce the efficacy of the homoeopathic components.
There are no known side effects.
Each 1ml of liquid contains:
- Antipyrinum D6
- Arsenicum album D12
- Berberis aquifolium D1
- Borax D6
- Centella asiatica (Hydrocotyle) D3 Croton tiglium D15
- Fagopyrum esculentum D12
- Graphites D12
- Pix liquida D6
- Preservative: 20% Alcohol
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
So far, so good
28 Sep, 2016, By Caitlin
I have been using this for almost three weeks now. Although my condition has not resolved completely, there is marked improvement in symptoms and I no longer struggle with itching. It has produced the most positive results by far in comparison with other products I have used.