Baltic Amber Facts:
- A natural analgesic, will help calm, irritable and niggly babies and toddlers.
- Relieves teething pain and associated symptoms without resorting to medication.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Reduces inflammation of the throat and ears.
- Accelerates the healing of wounds. Assists with stomach infections and respiratory disease. Stimulates the thyroid gland to help reduce drooling and soothes red and inflamed cheeks. Amber is a fossilized resin, not a stone. It is therefore warm to the touch, as well as very comfortable and light to wear. Amber's anti-inflammatory and therapeutic properties are also recognized by allopathic medicine.
- In Austria, Switzerland and Germany, you will find amber teething necklaces sold in local pharmacies.
Please Note: Because this necklace is made using 100% natural amber, the colour, shape and size of the beads will vary.
What is Baltic Amber?
Real amber is technically not a gemstone or mineral, but instead is fossilized sap from prehistoric trees that grew as far back as almost fifty million years ago, primarily in Scandinavia and elsewhere around the Baltic Sea. It is generally accepted that the amber from the Baltic region is the world’s finest.
Baltic amber is mined in the Baltic sea. The origin of amber is Baltic Sea, Yantarny, near Kaliningrad (Russia), former Prussia (Palmnicken). This small Baltic region holds 90% of all world deposits of high quality amber.
Amber Composition can vary greatly depending on the botanical source, though all have terpenes or compounds that are linked as the resin matures. It is thought that Baltic amber, or succinite, contains 3-8% succinic acid (succus is Latin for juice); succinic acid is believed to form from microorganism-induced fermentation of the cellulose contained in the resin. One composition of an amber variety is: oxygenated hydrocarbon (carbon 67-87%, hydrogen 8.5-11%, oxygen 15%, sulfur 0-0.46%). Although this composition was believed to be the hardened tree resin from the genus Pinus, chemical studies show these pines were not the source of Baltic amber.
The average composition of amber leads to the general formula C10H16O.
In the 1930's and 40's, European biochemists discovered that succinic acid is an amino acid created naturally in every cell of the body capable of aerobic respiration, participating in the citric acid, or Krebs cycle. This is how carbohydrates, fats, and proteins are metabolized into energy.
Wearing Baltic Amber also protects us against the negative influences of electrical equipment like computers, televisions, mobile phone and microwave ovens.
When Baltic Amber is rubbed it changes ionization which can attracts light objects with its electric charge. The Baltic Amber absorbs this energy, which then allows the body to work on positive influences such as our frame of mind and the rebuilding of disturbed electrostatic field.
Care of Baltic Amber Beads and Jewellery
Baltic Amber beads and jewellery doesn't require a lot of care and taking care of your products aren’t complicated.
Follow the guidelines and you will be wearing you Baltic Amber beads and jewellery for years :
- Don't touch amber with any sharp objects
- Store jewellery with amber separately from any other jewellery you have
- When not wearing, keep amber jewellery away from light and heating ducts preferably in a cloth pouch or the bag provided
- Do not use ultrasonic or steam cleaners, solvents and detergents to clean it
- Clean amber gently with a soft cloth dipped in lukewarm water, and wipe with a dry soft cloth
- If necessary, a very small drop of olive oil may be used to restore lustre
- To restore healing properties, place your beads in a glass bowl just covered with water under the full moon
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.