This candle making kit contains…
- 1 x 230ml Consol Jar
- 1 x 150g Bee Natural Beeswax (sizes may vary slightly)
- 1 x Simply Bee Candle Wick pack
- 1 x Vintage Affair Round Chalk Sticker Labels set
- 1 x Soil Essential oil (Choose your desired scent from the drop down menu underneath the price)
The scent variations and their essential oils available for this kit are…
Mozzie Repellent - Soil Citronella Essential Oil - Lemon scented oil, uplifting and cleansing, It is commonly used as an air freshener or as an insect repellent. Its antimicrobial properties suggest that it is a useful oil for inhalations to protect against colds and flu.
Christmas - Soil Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil – A festive scent that also relieves digestive conditions such as diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting – perfect for those suffering after the festive meals!
Calming - Soil Lavender Essential Oil - Known for its relaxing and calming properties, It is known to relieve headaches and insomnia as well as benefit throat infections, colds and flu.
Rejuvenating - Soil Lemongrass Essential Oil - Invigorating oil which stimulates, revives and energises the body. It is often used to treat jetlag, relieve fatigue or as an air freshener and insect repellent.
All you need to add is the coconut oil, follow the instructions below and have fun – get creative, see what cool containers you can re-purpose or recycle, add some herbs or fresh flowers for an extra personal touch.
Did you know that beeswax candles are a natural air-purifier?
Beeswax is a fuel which produces negative ions when burned. Since opposite charges are attracted, these negative ions will attach to positively charged particles in the air, such as bacteria, viruses, and allergens like dust and pollen. These new clumps of particles become heavier, allowing gravity to pull them down where they can be swept or vacuumed.
To make your own beeswax scented candles you will need…
For 2 candles
- 150g beeswax, roughly chopped
- 150ml coconut oil (not included)
- 2 Glass jars or heat safe containers (get creative) (one included)
- Simply Bee Candle Wick
- Wooden skewers (cut in half) or pegs or pencils – to keep wicks in place
- Newspaper for covering work areas
- A glass measuring bowl for melting ingredients
- 20-30 drops essential oil each per candle
- Heat your stove, put on a large enough pot to hold your glass bowl, and add about 2 cups of water (depending on the size of the pot). Bring to a medium heat (Do not heat your beeswax over high heat or it could ignite.)
- Place glass bowl into the pot of water, and add 150g beeswax and allow to melt
- Once beeswax is almost completely melted, add 150ml coconut oil, stirring a bit while it melts.
- Once beeswax/coconut oil mixture is completely melted, stir carefully with a skewer. Pour about a cm of hot wax into the bottom of one jar, then immediately place a wick into the centre of the jar so it just touches the bottom. Hold wick in place gently until wax hardens enough for the wick to stand on its own. Set aside to harden completely. Repeat this step with all your jars.
- Resting a peg on top of each jar, gently clip the wick to the peg, making sure it’s positioned straight, if using a pencil or skewer do the same and wrap the wick around it. Once wicks are secured, finish pouring hot wax into each jar, evenly distributing the wax between the jars.
- When pouring the wax into the individual jar, immediately add 20-30 drops of essential oil and stir gently with a skewer. (This is done to avoid burning the oils during the cooking process)
- Set aside to cool and harden completely (12 – 24 hours).
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.