- Colour: Light Auburn
- Contains only pure herbal ingredients, all grown without pesticides or chemical fertilisers.
- Contains no chemical ingredients.
- Henna and indigo are the two plants that give colour.
- Contains herbal extracts such as amla, brahmi and shikakai to nourish and rejuvenate your hair and scalp, improving hair growth, preventing premature greying and removing dandruff.
- Can be used with Love My Hair Ultra Low Chemical dyes.
- Permanent dye.
- Gives 100% colour coverage on non-grey hair.
- Eco-friendly and 100% vegan.
- Approved by Beauty without Cruelty.
- Comes with a FREE 10ml organic coconut oil to moisturise your hair.
- Includes latex-free application gloves.
Because Love My Hair 100% Herbal contains no harsh chemicals, results on grey hair cannot be guaranteed. Grey coverage depends on hair condition, texture, previous treatments and the percentage of grey in the hair. Grey hair that is fine in texture seems to take herbal dyes very well and usually achieves good coverage in one application. Hair that is thicker in texture may need several applications.
The best colours for covering grey are Light Auburn, Flame Red and Wine Red (if you want a reddish shade) and Dark Brown (if you want a brownish shade).
If your roots are less than 50% grey, then the 100% Herbal dye should work well for you. If they are more than 50% grey, you may need several applications of Herbal dye. Another option (if you are not allergic to hair dye chemicals) is to mix the 100% Herbal shades with the Love My Hair Ultra Low Chemical colours. For example, if you have completely grey roots and you want black hair, you can make a dye mixture of half 100% Herbal Soft black and half Ultra Black. This will give you the grey coverage you need with extremely low exposure to chemicals! You can also experiment with reducing the Ultra component of your mixture until you find a ratio that works best for you.
Herbatint is easy to mix and apply and is fragrance-free. If you have used a henna based dye in the past few months, please note that using chemical dyes over hair colored with pure plant dyes can give unexpected results, which are usually much darker color than would normally be expected, because plant dyes don't “lift” as easily. Chemical dyes may also fade faster than usual because henna makes your hair smoother and less porous so the chemical dyes won't attach as well, and often wash out with fewer shampoos. Therefore, if you are going to change the type of dye you are using please, give it a few months between the dyes. To be extra vigilant we would suggest a strand test if you are switching from henna to chemical based or visa versa.
- The ingredients in Love My Hair are carefully formulated. It is not necessary to mix the various shades (unless you are covering grey), but if you want to experiment, have fun!
- If products (shampoo, conditioner, wax, gel) containing silicone derivatives (eg Dimethicone) have been used on your hair, this will prevent the herbal dyes from “taking” on your hair. If silicones have been used you may need to use a clarifying shampoo before using Love My Hair dyes. Or you can switch to a silicone-free shampoo like Johnsons baby shampoo for a few washes prior to the dye application.
- If you are used to using ordinary chemical dyes, your hair may feel dry after switching to natural dye. This is normal, and a coconut oil treatment will restore moisture to your hair.
- Herbal dyes need to oxidise after application. It can sometimes take up to 24-48 hours for your hair to attain its final colour. Please bear this in mind when planning your dye application.
- You must do a strand test before dyeing your whole head. This will determine the correct application time and give you an idea of the final colour.
- 100g is enough for one application on collar to shoulder length hair, depending on hair thickness.
- Your colour will lose intensity gradually after a few weeks, but will keep the grey coverage. Every time you use the dye the colour will get richer and more intense.
- Wait 2-4 weeks after other hair treatments before using Love My Hair.
- If your hair has been permed, bleached or straightened it is essential to do a strand test first as these treatments effect the hair structure extensively.
- Apply to freshly washed dry or slightly damp hair.
- Use a non-metallic bowl and spoon to mix the dye.
- Add between 300-380 ml of warm water to the powder and mix to a smooth consistency, similar to that of custard.
- Wearing your gloves, apply the dye to your hair in sections, starting at the roots. Apply it thickly especially on grey areas.
- Pile your hair on top of your head, cover with clingwrap and wrap a towel around your head. This keeps the dye tightly packed on your roots and also keeps your head warm which helps with dye release.
- Wipe any excess dye from your hairline and ears.
- Leave dye to develop for 1-4 hours, as determined by your strand test.
- Rinse your hair until the water runs clear (very important) and then shampoo and condition.
Henna (Lawsonia inermis), Indigo (Indigofera tinctoria), Amla (Emblica officinalis), Bahera (Terminalia bellirica), Harad (Terminalia chebula), Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Shikakai (Acacia concinna)
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
Nie sleg nie, maar... / Not bad but...
10 Mar, 2016, By Suzanne
Hierdie produk is regtig nie n slegte produk nie: die gewone LANG en morsige henna-proses, maar dit laat jou hare lekker gesond en dik voel. My probleem was egter die kleur. Vosbruin (auburn) is tog n rooibruin met goue ondertone. Hierdie kleur is n sterk pruimbruin met minimale goud en het op die ligter dele van my hare amper
purper/mahonie kleur gelaat. Op die donkerder gedeeltes is die kleur mooier. My hare was nie vooraf gekleur nie en is natuurlik n ligte rooibruin. Kortom, goeie produk, maar dalk veiliger vir mense met donker hare.
This product leaves your hair shiny and feeling a lot thicker. Yes, it does involve the normal process of henna which takes LONG and can be messy. However, I think that people who buy this will be quite prepared for the time that it takes to apply and develop. I simply wasn happy with the colour. Auburn implies a red-brown with golden undertones. My hair turned a plummish red-brown with an almost purple-mahogony tint on the lighter parts of my fringe and hairline. I think that this would be perfect on someone with dark hair, but for those of us falling in the lighter spectrum, be warned.
Response to review by Carol Lindsay
06 May, 2015, By Cath
I would just like to set the record straight regarding Mrs Lindsays review.
On the 16th of April Mrs Lindsay emailed me asking advice on her colour choice of Love My Hair. She had purchased the light auburn, but said she wanted a medium brown colour. I recommended that she use the dark brown instead. She decided to go ahead and try the light auburn. On the 21st of April Mrs Lindsay again emailed me with the news that her grey roots were a light orangey colour. I again recommended that she use the dark brown. She told me that her hairdresser had advised her to use the brown so she was going to try that. On 30th of April Mrs Lindsay emailed me to say her roots were still orange after using the brown. I again advised her to use the dark brown. On the 2nd of May she emailed again to say she was going to finally use the dark brown. I have not heard back from her.
I am always willing to help and offer advice. If anyone has any queries you can get hold of me on 073 372 4578.
LOVE MY HAIR - LIGHT AUBURN PERMANENT HAIR DYE
23 Apr, 2015, By Carol Lindsay
I am very happy to have found this product although it didn't work for me ! as one of the colours recommended for covering grey hairs, I chose the Light Auburn but my hair roots turned bright orange ! however, my hair overall was in lovely silky condition and the product is extremely good quality and have wonderful ingredients in it. I should have opted for brown which I've now done for a second try a week later - 2 hairdresser visits so an expensive mistake for me! However, stuff happens and Cath from Love My Hair was incredibly helpful with my questions and said I should rather try the Dark Brown colour. so I give this a 9/10 for a quality product but it lost a point as it was recommended for covering grey but went orange instead !
UPDATE: Having failed to get my grey roots covered with the first colour I tried (which is recommended as being OK to cover grey roots) Light Auburn, I tried the Brown. this too did not colour in the grey but turned my grey hair roots orange, under sunlight BRIGHT orange ! However, once again I got beautiful glossy well conditioned hair so this is not a complaint just a review to help other customers. I have now been recommended to try the Dark Brown. which is the colour my hairdresser suggested to me in the first place (contrary to the manufacturers advice) as being probably the only one which would efficiently colour in grey roots.
10 Feb, 2015, By Morgan
I admit, I had this box on the shelf for a good few weeks before I worked up the nerve to try it, and halfway through I was convinced I would land up with green hair! But no. Glorious, natural looking colour. Covered the greys first time too. It is a bit of a schlepp though, be warned. And this one does take on a sheen of green initially, but the colour does develop as promised. It makes a muddy mixture and is a bit tricky in applying, but well worth it. Hair does tend to feel a little dry and straw-like initially, but the coconut oil helps significantly.
No chemicals, no harm to the environment and no bunny torture on my account :)
15 Sep, 2014, By Elsabe
I really like the Love my hair range - it works much better than the Sante product I tried at first and the powder has a nice smooth texture compared to Sante. Im still looking for a chestnut-colour, which unfortunately isn available in this range. The light auburn worked well on my medium brown hair looked very natural. I wouldve bought it again if it hadn been out of stock at the time.