- Chickpeas make for a very tasty & nutritious sprout – a favourite amongst sprouts
- High in protein and iron means they are a great option for vegans and vegetarians
- Sprouting your own greens is economical and a great way to get fresh greens even if you dont feel you have green fingers or have space to grow veggies
- Sprouting them and eating them raw ups their nutritional content and makes it more bio-available
Livingseeds are heirloom seeds, which means they are traditional varieties that have been passed down through generations, preserving the diversity of this precious natural resource against the onslaught of GMO monoculture crops.
Raw Hummus Recipe
Once you taste raw hummus you’ll be hooked!
- 2 cups sprouted chickpeas
- 1-2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 3 to 5 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 to 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 to8 cloves minced garlic
- Sea salt, to taste
- ¼ - ½ cup water
- Blend all the ingredients save the water in a food processor
- Slowly add water until you start to have a smooth, thick paste. Be careful not to make it too runny
- Blend until you have a smooth, thick paste
For some easy to use, simple kits to get you sprouting your chickpeas, take a look at our range of sprouting and microgreen kits.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.