- Delicate natural fragrance & flavour
- An ideal replacement for rosemary
- Highly versatile; suitable for savoury dishes & baked goods
- Can be used in jams, preserves & sauces
- Also perfect for making desserts like ice cream & sorbets
Lavender in Lavender Hill is a range of local handmade products, created by the community of Cape Town’s Lavender Hill suburb. A portion of the sales profits goes towards uplifting the community, by funding education and job opportunites.
Lavender Roasted Potatoes:
- 4-5 large potatoes
- 2Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½Tbsp lavender cooking herb
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Scrub the potatoes & cut into bite-sized pieces. Do not peel.
- Toss the potatoes in a bowl with the olive oil. Once they’re evenly coated, add the lavender, salt & pepper.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes; remove at the 15-minute mark & stir well to ensure even browning.
- Potatoes should be golden-brown & crispy outside but soft inside. Serve & enjoy!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
Lemon Lavender smoothie = happy days
30 Jan, 2017, By Loren
I grind this up in a mortar and pestle and add it to one of my more mild tasting smoothie concoctions (the nut butters coconut milk banana kind ones) together with some lemon juice to jazz up the flavour - bliss! (if Im feeling fancy Ill grate some lemon zest in there too)
That particular combination of lemon and lavender really goes well together
16 Mar, 2015, By Beulah
I was a bit sceptical about using lavender as a spice but curiosity got the better of me. Lovely as a herb in cooking but Ive been making tea with it at night to improve sleep. Works like a charm but be warned - don use it with any other relaxant!!!