- Delicate natural fragrance & flavour
- An ideal replacement for rosemary
- Highly versatile; suitable for savoury dishes & baked goods
- Can be used in jams, preserves & sauces
- Also perfect for making desserts like ice cream & sorbets
Lavender in Lavender Hill is a range of local handmade products, created by the community of Cape Town’s Lavender Hill suburb. A portion of the sales profits goes towards uplifting the community, by funding education and job opportunites.
Lavender Roasted Potatoes:
- 4-5 large potatoes
- 2Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½Tbsp lavender cooking herb
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Scrub the potatoes & cut into bite-sized pieces. Do not peel.
- Toss the potatoes in a bowl with the olive oil. Once they’re evenly coated, add the lavender, salt & pepper.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes; remove at the 15-minute mark & stir well to ensure even browning.
- Potatoes should be golden-brown & crispy outside but soft inside. Serve & enjoy!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
16 Mar, 2015, By Beulah
I was a bit sceptical about using lavender as a spice but curiosity got the better of me. Lovely as a herb in cooking but Ive been making tea with it at night to improve sleep. Works like a charm but be warned - don use it with any other relaxant!!!