- Powdered Matcha green tea
- Made from dried & stone ground “Tencha” leaves
- Has a distinctive, earthy & slightly bitter taste
- High antioxidant content; boosts energy levels, immunity & metabolism
- Can also be used for cooking & baking
Did You Know? Matcha tea has been traditionally drunk by Zen Buddhists to help them stay alert but calm during meditation. Matcha contains an amino acid called L-Theanine, which improves concentration and counteracts the side effects of caffeine; that means you can enjoy the perfect pick-me-up without the jitters.
Place 1-2tsp in 200ml boiling water. Whisk until smooth & enjoy.
Recipe for Matcha Tea Cake:
- ¾cup cake flour
- 1tsp Lady Bonin’s Matcha Green Tea
- 4 whole large eggs
- ½cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sift the cake flour with the tea 3 times.
- Lightly coat the bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan & line with parchment paper.
- Combine eggs & sugar in a heat-proof bowl over a simmering pot of water. Whisk until the mixture is warm to the touch.
- Remove the mixture from heat & beat until light & fluffy (approx. triple original volume).
- Gently fold in dry ingredients without deflating the egg foam; make sure that there is no undissolved flour left in the mixture.
- Immediately scoop the mixture into the cake pan & bake for approx. 25 minutes.
- Leave to cool & dust with sifted powdered sugar before serving if desired. Serves 6.
Powdered Matcha green tea
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
08 Dec, 2016, By Tandy
Really good stuff, not everyone will enjoy the taste but one can get used to it very easily
VALUE FOR MONEY
04 Oct, 2016, By Ben
This is a very good product. Some may think it is a bit expensive but if compared to the price in some restaurants for a cup, then you actually pay less.
The one and only
09 Sep, 2016, By Monique
Some people will say it is too little for the price but if you work it out per serving and the amount that one use it is more than reasonable. I simply love it in all ways.
17 Jun, 2016, By Christine
Consumers be warned: this product is NOT organic certified.
Not the greatest Matcha in the world but at least I have
13 Jan, 2016, By Genevieve
Im not sure what grade or quality this Matcha is meant to be. I was expecting a bright, vibrant green but its more of a dull, grey-green colour - so sort of disappointed after seeing all these colorful and striking matcha drinks and recipes on Pinterest and Instagram. Still, Im treasuring every tiny powder speck of this because its the only Matcha Ive been able to find in Johannesburg.
07 Sep, 2015, By RAVISIE
This Matcha tea is not of the highest quality and is more suitable to be used in cooking and baking.
if the colour chart is used to establish quality than this
Matcha falls into the lowest cateagory.
"Thanks to Lady Bonin for replacing one of my packs of Matcha
with the newly packaged Matcha and explaining that the previous
packaging caused the loss of colour and the change in taste.
The new product is much better in colour, texture and taste.
I will definitely purchase again."
Helps with Weight loss and More....
09 Jun, 2015, By Anonomous
I bought the tea to assist with weight loss and it did definitely help lessen my appetite but I have noticed that it have also helped improve my libido. This is a ready great product.
Great product, packaging could use some work
16 Mar, 2015, By Caroline
I love this tea. I have drink it religiously every morning, so thank you for making it available. I have a comment about your packaging - it used to come in a separate bag within the paper bag, now it is loose within the paper bag which caused such a mess and I lost lots of the powder. Please bring back the way it was, or a better solution
09 Dec, 2014, By Nerissa
great product! I really enjoy it.