The konjac potato is an edible and medicinal Asian plant; it’s rich in moisture (with a remarkable 97% water content), and full of vitamins and minerals that make it an amazing beauty treatment as well.
- 100% natural konjac root facial puff
- Also great as a makeup removal sponge (mild enough for eye makeup)
- Stimulates blood flow & new cell growth for a more youthful complexion
- Suitable for all skin types; gentle enough for babies & children
- Provides soft & safe exfoliation, plus rich hydration
- Cleanses away dirt, oil & impurities; reduces blemishes
- Improves your skin’s ability to retain moisture
- Balances your skin’s pH
- Naturally rich in vitamins A, B, C & E
- Naturally high fatty acid & mineral content
- Fully biodegradable & compostable
- No artificial colours, fragrances, preservatives or additives
- No mould-prevention agents (sponges are packed dry)
- Not tested on animals
- No need for soap or cleansers
Konjacu makes their sponges by hand in small batches, to ensure you get only the highest quality. The company uses sustainable, ethical processes, working closely with local farmers to create their konjac products.
- Submerge the sponge in hot water for 2-3 minutes, until it becomes completely soft & doubles in size.
- Squeeze out the excess water & gently massage your skin with small circular movements.
- After use, rinse the sponge & hang it in a cool dry place, using the cotton string attached.
- Your sponge should last 2-3 months with proper care; replace it once it starts to break down. Konjacu sponges are fully biodegradable & compostable.
- Always rinse your Konjacu sponge well after use & hang it in a cool dry place.
- Avoid wringing out the sponge; rather squeeze the excess water out gently.
- When dry, the sponge will shrink & harden; simply rehydrate it again before each use.
- Never leave your sponge in the shower or a wet area.
- To sterilise your sponge, submerge it in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Keep out of reach of children; may pose a choking hazard.
- Never use the sponge when dry.
- Konjacu sponges are not edible.
Konjac-mannan (glucommnnan), water
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
19 Jul, 2016, By Anina
Very happy with this sponge, my skin is feeling great. Does not dry the skin and love the fact that I don need to use any soap with it.
Really works- my skin has changed
23 Sep, 2014, By Rosa
I have dry skin and so exfoliation is very important to me. So I had a look at this and since the Japanese and Koreans do tend to find the most effective skincare products and trends I thought Id give it a go. As a moisturiser I used the Victorian garden range(which really takes this product to another level in my opinion).
The first few times I used it I could literally see it unclogging my pores. From then on my skin has been very smooth and is balancing out. A skincare therapist who had previously sold me an expensive brand had told me the reason why I had fine acne that almost seemed like a rash was because my skins pH was unbalanced and my skin was dry. With that and stress-related and hormonal breakouts I had post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation scars dotting my face. Something that had previously proven difficult to get rid of with my mixed-heritage skin. Now, about three weeks later of using this sponge my skin looks younger and I often want to touch its soft smooth texture in awe. Before I didn want to touch my skin because I was afraid that any oil, etc on my hands would clog my pores. Now I go out without any foundation on.
A couple of times I actually just went to bed without going through the cleansing ritual and the next morning my skin was still beautiful, whereas before a few pimples were sure to have showed up. If I do get any pimples because i am stressed or hormonal, they are so tiny most people wouldn even see them.
I am definitely going to buy this value for money product in bulk! Its much more budget friendly than the cleanser and daily exfoliant I was using before.