Some benefits of pumpkin seeds:
- A rich source of fibre for healthy digestion
- High in vitamin E & , as well as B-complex vitamins
- Help to lower LDL cholesterol
- Packed with zinc, which promotes bone health
- Source of phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, iron & copper
- Source of L-tryptophan, which promotes healthy sleep & alleviates depression
- Zinc content promotes prostate health in men
Recipe for Pumpkin Butter Cookies:
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup Kitchen Garden Pumpkin Seed Butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- ½tsp vanilla essence
- ½tsp baking soda
- ½tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream the coconut oil & sugar until light.
- Beat in egg & vanilla. Blend in the pumpkin seed butter.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda & salt).
- Stir the dry mixture gradually into the pumpkin butter mixture until well blended.
- Roll dough into 1" balls. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet & flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until browned. Cool, serve & enjoy!
Certified organic pumpkin seeds
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
25 Apr, 2016, By Loren
Just to prepare you: this tastes nothing like a nut butter! its got its own very unique taste and it makes a PHENOMENAL pesto with some oil (macadamia / olive / avo), lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar), garlic, coriander and pepper