Key nutrients in hazelnuts:
- High in copper, essential for iron absorption
- High in manganese, for healthy bone formation
- Exceptionally high folate content; great for healthy pregnancy & heart health
- Excellent source of antioxidant vitamin E
- High in fibre, for healthy digestion
- Plant-based source of iron & protein
- Source of proanthocyanidins (the highest content of any nut), which combat blood clots & urinary tract infections
Recipe for Spicy Hazelnut Sauce:
- 85g Kitchen Garden Hazel Nut Butter
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ½tsp salt
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2tsp red wine vinegar
- ¼tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Purée the nut butter in a blender together with the water, vinegar & seasonings, until smooth & creamy.
- While blending, add the olive oil in a slow stream & blend until emulsified.
- A great dressing for fish or veggie dishes.
Raw blanched hazel nuts
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
Healthy nutella, anyone?
14 Aug, 2015, By Loren
you can sit skinning roasted hazelnuts til your fingers bleed ....... orrrrrrrr you can just gooi this hazelnut butter with some coconut oil (odourless), honey / maple syrup and vanilla extract (optional: almond milk, pinch of salt)