Sprouted leek seeds are rich in the following nutrients:
- Vitamins A, B, C & E
- Amino acids
- Calcium, iron, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus & potassium
Did You Know? These humble seeds also have great detoxing properties! Leeks are a type of Allium vegetable, and are related to onions and garlic. Alliums contain flavonoids that stimulate your body’s production of glutathione – a powerful antioxidant that helps with the elimination of toxins and carcinogens, from the liver in particular.
Sprouts are marvellous “medicinal” foods with a wealth of benefits:
- Quick & easy to grow
- Convenient; sprouting can be done all year round
- Affordable; a small amount of seeds gives you a high yield
- Nutritious; highly alkalising, easy to digest & absorb
Suitable for sprouting and general consumption.
Recipe for Carrot Leek Smoothie:
- Handful of sprouted leek seeds
- 2 carrots
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 cup carrot juice
- ½ cup ice cubes
Simply add all ingredients to your blender & process until smooth. Drink fresh & enjoy.
Please Note: This product consists of the sprouting seeds only; sprouting jars & stand are not included. You will need a full standard sprouting kit to grow your seeds.
- Add 3-4Tbsp of your dry seeds to a clean sprouting jar; enough to lightly cover the bottom of an upright jar.
- Cover the sprouting jar with the mesh screen & secure it with a rubber band.
- Cover your dry seeds with 2-4cm water & soak for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain & rinse in fresh water, swirling gently while draining to disperse the seeds across the surface of the sprouting jar. Place the jar at an angle on your sprouting stand.
- Keep your sprouting jar in natural light but never in direct sunlight. Rinse your seeds 2-3 times a day in cool water. The water should be rinsed clear.
- Harvest within 2-3 days of the “tails” and/or greenery appearing from the seeds.
- Drain the sprouts well & leave 2-4 hours to dry on your sprouting stand, before transferring to an airtight, covered storage container.
- Enjoy your sprouts in 3-7 days; keep them refrigerated in an airtight container. Start sprouting new seeds every 2- 3 days for a continuous, fresh supply.
- Never eat sprouts that have started to smell bad.
- Always wash your containers thoroughly between plantings.
- Remove any broken or damaged seeds before you start sprouting.
- Double rinsing is recommended for beans & legumes.
- Never eat sprouted soy beans with brown spots.
- Unsprouted seeds should be stored in an airtight container in a cupboard. The germination life of seeds is generally 2-5 years.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.