- Low in calories but high in protein
- Good source of soluble & insoluble fibre
- Excellent source of folates & other B-complex vitamins
- Good source of vitamins A, C & K
- Mineral-rich, containing manganese, calcium, copper, zinc & iron
- Full of health-giving flavonoids like lutein & carotenes
Benefits of sprouting peas:
- Fast germination time; can be done all year round
- A small amount of seeds gives a high yield
- Improves alkalinity, vitamin content & enzyme content
- Improves digestibility, makes the nutrients easier to absorb
- Sprouts are full of fibre, antioxidants & oxygen, promoting better cell health
Suitable for sprouting and general consumption.
Recipe for Sprouted Pea Dip:
- 2 cups sprouted green arrow peas
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor & season to taste.
- This is great for spreading on crackers & dipping fresh veggie sticks.
Please Note: This product consists of the sprouting seeds only; sprouting jars & stand are not included. You will need a full standard sprouting kit to grow your seeds.
- Add 3-4Tbsp of your dry seeds to a clean sprouting jar; enough to lightly cover the bottom of an upright jar.
- Cover the sprouting jar with the mesh screen & secure it with a rubber band.
- Cover your dry seeds with 2-4cm water & soak for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain & rinse in fresh water, swirling gently while draining to disperse the seeds across the surface of the sprouting jar. Place the jar at an angle on your sprouting stand.
- Keep your sprouting jar in natural light but never in direct sunlight. Rinse your seeds 2-3 times a day in cool water. The water should be rinsed clear.
- Harvest within 2-3 days of the “tails” and/or greenery appearing from the seeds.
- Drain the sprouts well & leave 2-4 hours to dry on your sprouting stand, before transferring to an airtight, covered storage container.
- Enjoy your sprouts in 3-7 days; keep them refrigerated in an airtight container. Start sprouting new seeds every 2- 3 days for a continuous, fresh supply.
- Never eat sprouts that have started to smell bad.
- Always wash your containers thoroughly between plantings.
- Remove any broken or damaged seeds before you start sprouting.
- Double rinsing is recommended for beans & legumes.
- Never eat sprouted soy beans with brown spots.
- Unsprouted seeds should be stored in an airtight container in a cupboard. The germination life of seeds is generally 2-5 years.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.