Kitchen Garden almond seeds are:
- Certified organic
- Packed with protein
- A source of vitamin E
- Rich in bone-building calcium & potassium
- A source of fibre
- High in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats
- Rich in antioxidants
- Naturally alkalising
Did You Know? Almonds are the only alkaline-forming nut, and one of only a few alkalising proteins. Alkalising foods help you to maintain a healthy pH throughout your body.
Sprouting your almonds has the following benefits:
- Increases nutrient density
- Makes the almonds more easily digestible
- Makes the almonds more alkalising
- Neutralises “anti-nutrients” like phytic acid & enzyme inhibitors
- Convenient, cost-effective & can be done all year round
Sprouts are a great example of “medicinal” food, helping to protect your system against all sorts of ailments.
Suitable for sprouting and general consumption.
Recipe for Almond Granola Bars:
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup sprouted almonds, toasted & chopped
- ¼ cup natural almond butter
- ¼ cup raw honey/ authentic maple syrup
- 1½ cups rolled oats (raw or toasted)
- A sprinkling of carob chips & vanilla powder (optional)
- Blend the dates in a food processor for about 1 minute, until you have a firm dough-like consistency.
- Mix the oats, almonds & “date dough” together in in a bowl; set aside.
- Warm the honey & almond butter in a saucepan over low heat. Pour over oat mixture & mix well, breaking up the dates.
- Transfer the mixture to a lined baking pan. Press down until evenly flattened.
- Cover with parchment or plastic wrap, & leave in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to set.
- Chop into 10 even bars & enjoy! The bars will keep for up to a few days in an airtight container.
Please Note: This product consists of the sprouting seeds only; sprouting jars & stand are not included. You will need a full standard sprouting kit to grow your seeds.
- Add 3-4Tbsp of your dry seeds to a clean sprouting jar; enough to lightly cover the bottom of an upright jar.
- Cover the sprouting jar with the mesh screen & secure it with a rubber band.
- Cover your dry seeds with 2-4cm water & soak for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain & rinse in fresh water, swirling gently while draining to disperse the seeds across the surface of the sprouting jar. Place the jar at an angle on your sprouting stand.
- Keep your sprouting jar in natural light but never in direct sunlight. Rinse your seeds 2-3 times a day in cool water. The water should be rinsed clear.
- Harvest within 2-3 days of the “tails” and/or greenery appearing from the seeds.
- Drain the sprouts well & leave 2-4 hours to dry on your sprouting stand, before transferring to an airtight, covered storage container.
- Enjoy your sprouts in 3-7 days; keep them refrigerated in an airtight container. Start sprouting new seeds every 2- 3 days for a continuous, fresh supply.
- Never eat sprouts that have started to smell bad.
- Always wash your containers thoroughly between plantings.
- Remove any broken or damaged seeds before you start sprouting.
- Double rinsing is recommended for beans & legumes.
- Never eat sprouted soy beans with brown spots.
- Unsprouted seeds should be stored in an airtight container in a cupboard. The germination life of seeds is generally 2-5 years.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
Kitchen Garden Almonds for Sprouting
16 Feb, 2016, By Elsa
These almonds are well sized and tasty. Great to use in a seed loaf.