Paw paw is rich in enzymes called papain and chymopapain which helps with the digestion, as it breaks down the proteins from the food we eat into amino acids.
Eating paw paw after a meal makes for better digestion and prevents bloating and chronic indigestion. It can also lower the inflammation in the body and alleviate the pain and edema caused by sport injuries. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties papaya may relieve the severity of Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Because of its high antioxidant content, papaya can prevent cholesterol oxidation
Other benefits of the paw paw fruit
- Revitalize the human body and maintain energy and vitality.
- Encourages the renewal of muscle tissue.
- Supports cardiovascular system.
- Boosts up the immune system.
- Helps with the digestive system, by breaking down the proteins and supporting production of digestive enzymes.
- Prevents cataract formation.
- Due to high vitamin A, it lowers the risk of emphysema in smokers and passive smokers.
- Alleviates inflammation.
- Helps with the nausea and constipation.
- Can benefit people suffering colon cancer and other forms of cancers and aliments of cardiovascular and gastrointestinal systems.
Did you know? In some developing countries, the traditional use of papaya is being investigated as an alternative to standard treatments for a range of ailments.
Dried Paw Paw.
Energy 180Kj/100G or 36Kj/20g
Protein 0.5g/100g or 0.09g/20g
Carbohydrates 11g/100g or 3g/20g
Total Fats 0.26g/100g or 0.02g/20g
Dietary Fibre 1.7g/100g or 0.34g/20g
Total Sodium 8mg/100g or 1.6mg/20g
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
One of my favourite finds
17 May, 2016, By Robyn
This unpreserved dried papaya is one of my favourite finds for my whole family. It is not tooth-burning sweet like most dried fruit and comes with a cocktail of awesome health benefits. It is immune boosting and eating paw-paw after a meal makes for better digestion and prevents bloating and chronic indigestion.