Health benefits of banana:
- Dried bananas are good source of carbohydrates, low in fat and cholesterol-free.
- Low in sodium and high in potassium, bananas are good to maintain blood pressure and reduce the risk of hypertension, heart diseases and atherosclerosis.
- Good source of magnesium. It helps in relieving fatigue, relaxing the muscles, nerves and blood vessels, thus relieving the symptoms of asthma, migraine headaches, tension and soreness in muscles etc.
- Good source of copper, which reduces the risk of inflammatory diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, enhances the activity of enzymes that are needed to maintain the elasticity of blood vessels, ligaments and joints.
- Good source of manganese, which is an essential cofactor in many enzymatic reactions in the body, especially in the production of energy and antioxidants defences.
- Moderate sources of Vitamin C, a natural water soluble antioxidant. It enhances the body's immune system, increases the elasticity of skin and blood vessels, increases absorption of iron from the intestines, and prevents bruising of the skin.
- Good source of Vitamin B6, which helps in the synthesis of antibodies in the immune system apart from red blood formation, protein metabolism and functioning of the central nervous system.
- Good source of B-group vitamins like thiamine, riboflavin and niacin that are essential to enhance the energy production from the foods and for various enzymatic reactions in the body.
- Good source of dietary fibre. Banana adds roughage to the contents of the intestines, promotes satiety, promotes the health of the colon, and also helps in relieving constipation, haemorrhoids, diverticular disorders, etc.
- The soluble fibres present in bananas (pectin) helps to move the bowels easily and relieves constipation.
Energy 1448Kj/100G or 290Kj/20g
Protein 3.89g/100g or 0.78g/20g
Carbohydrates 88.30g/100g or 18g/20g
Total Fats 1.80g/100g or 0.4g/20g
Dietary Fibre 9.90g/100g or 2g/20g
Total Sodium 3mg/100g or 0.6mg/20g
Organic Banana, Citric Acid
Allergen control program in place in factory. Packed in a facility that uses ground nuts, tree nuts, eggs and cows milk.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.