Health benefits of cherry fruit
- Cherries are one of the very low calorie fruits.
- A rich source of phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
- Cherries are pigment rich fruits. Red, purple or blue pigments found in many fruits and vegetables, especially concentrated in their skin, are known to have powerful anti-oxidant properties. Research studies also suggest that anti-oxidant compounds in tart cherries can help the human body to fight against cancers, aging and neurological diseases, and pre-diabetes condition.
- Scientific studies have shown that anthocyanins in the cherries are found to act like anti-inflammatory drugs. Thus, consumption of cherries may offer potential health effects against chronic painful episodes such as gout arthritis, fibromyalgia and sports injuries. Anti-inflammatory property of cherries has also been found effective in reducing heart-disease risk factors through scavenging action against free radicals.
- Cherries compose of melatonin anti-oxidant. Melatonin can cross the blood-brain barrier easily and has soothing effects on the brain neurons, calming down nervous system irritability. It, thus, can help relieve neurosis, insomnia and headache problems
- Further, they are also small source of zinc; and moderate sources of iron, potassium, and manganese; and good source of copper. Potassium is a heart-healthy mineral; an important component of cell and body fluids that regulate heart rate and blood pressure.
- The fruits, especially tart cherries are exceptionally rich in health promoting flavonoid poly phenolic anti-oxidants. These compounds act as protective scavengers against harmful free radicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS) that play a role in aging, cancers and various disease processes.
Did You Know? Cherries are one of the world’s few known natural food sources of melatonin, a hormone that helps to regulate your body’s sleep patterns.
Energy 1255Kj/100g or 251Kj/20g
Protein 0g/100g or 0g/20g
Carbohydrates 68g/100g or 14g/20g
Total Fats 3.75g/100g or 0.75g/20g
Dietary Fibre 5g/100g or 1g/20g
Total Sodium 50mg/100g or 10mg/20g
Cherries, sunflower oil (coating)
Allergen control program in place in factory. Packed in a facility that uses ground nuts, tree nuts, eggs and cows milk.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.