- Himalayan salt crystal lamp stylish and simple cylindrical design
- Specs: 30cm high x 10.5cm circumference
About Himalayan Crystal Salt lamps
Made from pure crystalline salt found in the Great Himalayas, when heated by the light bulb these lamps emit magical little negatively charged ions that mop up electromagnetic radiation from electrical equipment in your home and also have a purifying effect on toxins and bacteria. The inviting warm orange-pink colour also has a soothing, calming effect.
Place your lamp in a room where electrical appliances are commonly used – the kitchen, the living room, the study, or else bring a soft ambience into your work space, whether it be an office or therapy room – and let the natural negative ions get to work.
Salt lamps make a great addition to your family home or work space as they improve immune system strength, promote healthy sleeping patterns and even combat depression. Therapists, meditation instructors and spa owners also use the lamps to create a welcoming ambience, promote healing and encourage relaxation.
Did you know: blue toned light such as found in laptop and phone screens and common light bulbs can affect the quality of your sleep if you are exposed to it in the evenings before you go to bed, which in turn affects your immune system. Red to orange toned light signals your body’s circadian rhythm to prepare for sleep, so using these lamps in your home as a light source for the hours before bed is one way to expose yourself to orange light at night and support better sleep and a stronger immune system.
You can place your Himalayan Crystal Salt Lamp in so many useful places:
• In your office on your desk or next to a computer
• In your bedroom next to your bed (perfect as night light for children)
• In your lounge to create atmosphere, and next to your television
• In reception areas of buildings to create a welcoming ambience
• In your kitchen next to your fridge, microwave, blender or juicer
• In gyms or sports clubs to enhance recovery from exercise
• In health spas to cleanse the air and create a comforting vibe
• In massage rooms to create a peaceful ambience
• In meditation rooms to enhance alpha brain wave state
• In hotel rooms to cleanse the air of odours and dust
• In hospitals to enhance the healing process
• In waiting rooms to calm and relax patients
• In smoking areas to clear the smoke from the air
Note: The lamp uses a 15-watt pygmy globe with a screw-in fitting.
Universal Vision was founded in 2004 in Cape Town, and initiated the first imports of healing Himalayan crystal salt into South Africa.
Caring for your lamp:
Leave your Himalayan crystal salt lamp switched on for a continuous source of healing negative ions.
To clean the lamp, switch it off and wipe it with a slightly damp cloth.
If the lamp is switched off for a few days or longer, cover it with an airtight bag to prevent the accumulation of moisture.
Use a quality electric lead and globe, or use a USB lead to plug your lamp directly into your computer and save electricity.